Update failed!! help

GLK

May 9, 2011
I clicked on the update message and the download started, but it never looked like it completely finished downloading.

My screen time-out before the download was finished and now when I go to check if there's an update, it says system is up-to-date, but still only shows 3.0.1.

Any suggestions?

gazlyn

May 18, 2011
can someone help me with an original wpa_supplicant file,neither of the 2 here seem to work for me

thanks in advance

androidnewb

Jun 22, 2011
Mine had troubles with the update, it took me a couple times. I called tech support and spoke with their Level 2 support, they had me clear out the cache and data in the media storage application and try again. It worked, but it could just be a fluke.

robdroid

May 4, 2011
I did a factory reset and now its saying I am up to date when it is 3.0.1?

-Joe.
Acer has pulled the update from distribution till they apply some hotfixes to it.
Being that 3.1 isn't available right now- 3.0.1 is current.

spexwood

May 11, 2011
Acer has pulled the update from distribution till they apply some hotfixes to it.
Being that 3.1 isn't available right now- 3.0.1 is current.

I know that Acer is pulling these updates in order to improve them, but am I the only one who thinks it is odd that they actually PULL the updates completely?p instead of just keeping them out and releasing additional updates later? IMO it only causes confusion for users because they expect the updates, but never receive them because of them being pulled, while everyone else who was a day quicker managed to get the update before it was pulled. It makes that one person think something is wrong.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Speaking for myself, I'd rather be expecting the update and not get it than get it and have my tablet screwed up by it.

robdroid

May 4, 2011
I know that Acer is pulling these updates in order to improve them, but am I the only one who thinks it is odd that they actually PULL the updates completely?p instead of just keeping them out and releasing additional updates later?
In most cases, I would agree... send the full update then patch minor problems ex post facto.
But since the trouble (one of them anyway) with the suspect 3.1 update breaks the tablets WiFi connectivity it therefore prevents the user from connecting to the internet to get the fix that restores WiFi again. I think they pulled the faulty 3.1 update to prevent further damage and lessen the load on their support personnel.

spexwood

May 11, 2011
In most cases, I would agree... send the full update then patch minor problems ex post facto.
But since the trouble (one of them anyway) with the suspect 3.1 update breaks the tablets WiFi connectivity it therefore prevents the user from connecting to the internet to get the fix that restores WiFi again. I think they pulled the faulty 3.1 update to prevent further damage and lessen the load on their support personnel.

Well it makes perfect since when you mention that particular problem :p

But... now you got me wondering if the malfunction only affects certain devices/model numbers. I have the 3.1 update and dont notice any wifi problems... yet (knock on wood). I do, however, notice problems with the Market, which I suspected as being a 3.1 issue and would be fixed in the near future either through an Acer update or a Market update. Sometimes downloading apps and/or updates to apps will begin, but never actually download. All you get is that moving green line that scrolls left to right, but not yet shows any progress (1%, 2%, 3%, etc). Other than that though, I seem to have no issues while surfing the internet (though, I have only tried it through a single wireless location- my home).
Dont get me wrong here, because I know that just because I dont seem to be having problems, doesnt mean other people arent as well.

gazlyn

May 18, 2011
Well it makes perfect since when you mention that particular problem :p

But... now you got me wondering if the malfunction only affects certain devices/model numbers. I have the 3.1 update and dont notice any wifi problems... yet (knock on wood). I do, however, notice problems with the Market, which I suspected as being a 3.1 issue and would be fixed in the near future either through an Acer update or a Market update. Sometimes downloading apps and/or updates to apps will begin, but never actually download. All you get is that moving green line that scrolls left to right, but not yet shows any progress (1%, 2%, 3%, etc). Other than that though, I seem to have no issues while surfing the internet (though, I have only tried it through a single wireless location- my home).
Dont get me wrong here, because I know that just because I dont seem to be having problems, doesnt mean other people arent as well.

i havent received the 3.1 update yet so am still on 3.01
i dont think the problem you have with the market is related to 3.1 as i have the same problem on 3.01 but have found that by leaving the market and then returning and retrying the same ap it dowloads straight away