Update from 2.2 to Honeycomb?

camycam178

Jan 22, 2011
So I ordered the Flytouch 3 Superpad 2, and It ships with android 2.2 . Will I be able to update my tablet to 3.0 Honeycomb, or will I be stuck with 2.2 forever? Can any tablets be updated? Sorry, I'm a noob. :)

dhuhtala

Feb 17, 2011
Honeycomb requires a minimum of 512 MB RAM, I believe - and it will need a powerful processor and graphics chip as well. Without a dual-core processor, it's unlikely you'd want to use Honeycomb from what I can see - it has a very heavy, intense GUI - nice, but costly hardware-wise. It's like Vista was when it came out - took a whole lot of power just for the basic UI.

colonelk

Apr 5, 2011
well, seeing as the clunky old G1 can run Honeycomb, (ok no call function as yet but they are waiting on the full code release I think) I dont see why one of these tablets couldnt assuming you can get root and someone develops the right firmware.

Not slick granted, but dont forget the G1 has 192mb of ram and a 528mhz old generation processor

Last edited by a moderator:

polizai25

Aug 23, 2012
hello.... i have ZTE v9 android 2.2 tablet.... i also couldnt upgrade it... i searched everywhere on net but i couldnt find any upgrade package... CAN ANYONE HELP ME HOW TO UPGRADE THIS TAB.............?????????????? ANY Sites ....?