Update on dodgy sellers

Discussion in 'Android Tablet Discussions' started by Richardj, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Richardj

Richardj Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, ICS 4.0.4, Rooted.
    For those of you that read my other post you will all know the problems I faced with buying from an ebay seller, for those that didn't see my post it's here http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/android-tablet-discussions/11759-dodgy-sellers-i-got-caught.html

SO PEOPLE BE WARNED, WHEN YOU BUY FROM EBAY OR ANY OTHER SITE AND THINGS GO WRONG, YOUR ON YOUR OWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Final update, well at least for a while.
    I've basically gone as far as I can with this. The only option I have now is to take legal action through the small claims court. That will cost £25 to recover the £81.69 with no guarantees that I will win the case. If I was to win I would get back the £25 as well as the £81.69. Well the question is do I make a stand and go for it? your thoughts, what would you guys do

2. pbrauer

pbrauer Administrator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    HTC Thunderbolt, ViewSonic GTab, Huawei S7, Gentouch 78
    The other thing to keep in mind, at least as far as courts here are concerned is that winning a judgement still does not guarantee payment. It guarantees that the debt is legitimate, but as I was told by my judge when I was awarded a judgment, "Congratulations, good luck in collecting!"

3. Richardj

Richardj Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, ICS 4.0.4, Rooted.
    Yep I'm aware of that. Makes it all the more ridiculous.