Update Received - Reverts to A500 from A501

Dart

May 2, 2011
I just received a long update to the system. Prior to this in Settings, Device Information it shows Product SKU = 3G, and Model ID A501. Now it shows wifi and A500.

I am late for work so haven't been able to see any other changes.....

Anyone else get an "Update" from A501 to A500?

fatate

Apr 28, 2011
After the update if you look at about tablet-battery it now only shows display. No more cell or anything else.

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
After the update if you look at about tablet-battery it now only shows display. No more cell or anything else.

Not on mine...it shows Display...media, cell standby, android OS, Andoid system, wifi, and launcher....

This is after the update which happened for me about 30 minutes ago..

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
I just received a long update to the system. Prior to this in Settings, Device Information it shows Product SKU = 3G, and Model ID A501. Now it shows wifi and A500.

Yes, I have this too.

robdroid

May 4, 2011

Don't think anyone in the states actually had a A501 to begin with- in the US we have A500's. Some were mislabeled as A501's and now that has been corrected in the new software update.
True A501's (the European version of the A500) have an actual internal cell modem and a slot with a functioning card receiver inside for a sim card.

Now if you imported a A500 to the USA that was built for sale in Europe- that may actually be a real A501.