UPDATE to Honeycomb Bottle of Smoke now Alpha 4.0

mus

Mar 7, 2011
i thought i was following the directions for this. This is an un modded Gtab using the 3588.
It states if you are using a 3588
Installation for 1.1-based stock/mod users (ie. TNT Lite 4, VEGAN-Tab, G-Harmony, Calkulin's ROM etc.)

- Ensure that your device is running build 3588 standard recovery. This is a requirement to minimize the risk of a soft-brick - I cannot stress this enough! gADAM 1.3.0+ and TNT Lite 4.3.0+ have a Recovery Pack built-in to allow you to easily add standard recovery, if you are using clockworkmod. Do NOT use clockworkmod to flash up to a 1.2-based ROM or you WILL soft-brick your device. For other 1.1-based mods, you can install the 3588 Recovery Pack or flash 3588 standard recovery via an update.zip file. Or, flash to 3588 stock (with stock recovery) for the safest baseline.

I want to stress this, as this is important - BE VERY CAREFUL on a 1.1 source. If you flash with clockworkmod from a 1.1 ROM to a 1.2 ROM like Bottle of Smoke, YOU WILL SOFT-BRICK your
tablet
100% of the time. If you are not sure if your device has 3588 stock recovery, don't take the risk -- flash to 3588 stock before you attempt this HC mod!

Other than these caveats, the installation is the same as 1.2 users, above.

so i followed these instructions.
Installation for 1.2-based stock/mod users (ie. TNT Lite 5 / TwoTapsX / 4349 stock / Century Eyes / Mountain Laurel)

- Extract the RAR to the root of your internal memory. So, you'd have a recovery folder and an update.zip on the root of the mounted drive.

- Reboot into recovery. The update should occur automatically (click on the Home button to see the build details while it's running) . Once completed, it should reboot automatically.

- The device should take some time to initialize (two to three minutes, so be patient), then will boot into the GUI. If it gets stuck (and it likely will if you came from a different ROM), reboot into recovery one more time and wipe data / factory reset and reboot. I would NOT recommend setting up any Wifi at the initial setup screen, wait until the after the setup before doing that (some users, myself included, have had issues doing this at the initial setup screen so I would skip it).

I followed the steps and my GTab will not boot all the way it keeps flashing up the powered by screen.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
i have had issues with this too. my fix was to flash to BoS 2.4 first, then to BoS 6 fwiw