Update to this Firmware... It will stop freezing and netflix and skype work great.

gfinockio

Dec 8, 2011
You do realize that this firmware has been out for over a month, and most people already have it on their tablets?

iphostway

Dec 23, 2011
You do realize that this firmware has been out for over a month, and most people already have it on their tablets?
I do but most people are posting that there system is freezing and netflix, skype is not working for them so I was trying to help by letting every one know it will work in they update even if there tablet already has this firmware. I see this forum is just like XDA everyone just can't be happy with the help they receive. Also most users just got the tablet last week for x-mas and are new to tablets and don;t even know what firmware is. If your not on here to help then just don't post at all.

Adeena

Nov 23, 2011
I'm probably one of the few who *didn't* upgrade the firmware. ;)

So, is it necessary? We have five Le Pans at our house (One for hubby, one for me {yay!} and three for kids... it was a good Christmas. ;) ) and haven't done any firmware stuff.

It says it will delete everything on the memory? That would irritate my kids, for sure. Is it possible to copy everything to a computer before upgrading, so we can reinstall stuff?

We don't use skype, or netflix, so is that the only benefit to the update?

Thanks!
~Adeena

iphostway

Dec 23, 2011
If they are working and not freezing up on you or the kids then just keep it the way they are. As for backing up I did my sons tablet the other day you have to ROOT the tablet and run mybackup from market or TB. Backup all games data pics and then restore it after firmware update.

I'm probably one of the few who *didn't* upgrade the firmware. ;)

So, is it necessary? We have five Le Pans at our house (One for hubby, one for me {yay!} and three for kids... it was a good Christmas. ;) ) and haven't done any firmware stuff.

It says it will delete everything on the memory? That would irritate my kids, for sure. Is it possible to copy everything to a computer before upgrading, so we can reinstall stuff?

We don't use skype, or netflix, so is that the only benefit to the update?

Thanks!
~Adeena

gfinockio

Dec 8, 2011

It probably isn't necessary unless you are getting problems. But to be honest, it's probably worth doing it now rather than later, if you're going to do it at all.

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
Firmware update 4626 is now available on the lepantab.com site. Follow the link in the first post to find it.

kathy4836

Jan 6, 2012
I got this for my husband for Christmas - also one for my Father in Law. He just told us, today, that there was another upgrade in firmware. I came here and found your post. Thanks for posting, iphostway!

bmedicky

Apr 19, 2011
Does the new firmware in fact fix wifi issues?

I didn't have WiFi issues with the previous firmware, but I have some now with the latest firmware. Previously, I was able to connect to a router set to broadcast wireless N only; now I can only connect to either B or G. I don't know what has changed, but if I leave the router on wireless N, the tablet connects and instantly disconnects, and does this over and over without making a solid connection. It doesn't matter what kind of security settings I use (WEP, WPA/WPA2 or none). But B or G connect instantly, and stay connected.

Go figure...