[Updated 7/5][KERNEL 1.2] LBS Overclocked Honeycomb Kernel for Viewsonic Gtablet

linuxboxsolution

Developer
May 17, 2011
There will be another release to the kernel integrating more Encoder and Decoder Libraries to start our path towards HD. I actually was able to find some kernel drivers for tegra HDMI decoding so after the Update today I will be working on integrating the HDMI

downfall1982

Jun 24, 2011
Sounds good, I notice some signature errors during boot up. Also would've thought I saw something about hardware in red too seems stable. Wifi sometimes disconnects but might be then wpa2 I know that's less compatible. Also random shutdowns when scene times out for a long time. Ie after the screen times out and been timed out after 15 mins it seem to go into a sleep like mode.

Sent from my Android Illuminate using Tapatalk

linuxboxsolution

Developer
May 17, 2011
I have noticed a time out here and there where the tablet turns off fully but I'm working on a new kernel that was given to me. At the moment I have alot of drivers and things to remove off from it that it's compiling automatically for other devices which is making the kernel huge in size but it's coming along slowly. Also hoping to be able to integrate the honeycomb 3.1 into mix at the same time which incidently the kernel was originally coded towards in Linus git repo

DnSinSC

Jun 29, 2011
I tried the 1.9 and it is certainly faster, but the wifi now says "Error". No scanning, no networks... I mounted sys, installed it twice and got the same thing. Seems great other than that :)

linuxboxsolution

Developer
May 17, 2011
I tried the 1.9 and it is certainly faster, but the wifi now says "Error". No scanning, no networks... I mounted sys, installed it twice and got the same thing. Seems great other than that :)

If you decide to try the kernel again then what you may want to do is copy the bcm4329.ko from /system/lib/hw/wlan/ to /system/lib/modules/ it should ask you to overwrite the existing file say yes and it should start working. I've noticed sometimes the driver doesn't overwrite the other. Better yet check the properties of the files and see the created date. Which ever is new from either one of the two directories above copy that one to the other.

linuxboxsolution

Developer
May 17, 2011
4.1 is updated with Pershoot's newest Kernel Source and some video and camera driver reconfigurations have taken place where you can play upto 720p just not full 1080p and to where it is extrememly stable. And with this kernel is alot more stable than 3.2 where the random shut offs when sleep due to the kernel are gone, made the illuminate interface run much smoother and video quality on the Gtab with this on Honeycomb Build plays better than my Acer HD Monitor at work.

downfall1982

Jun 24, 2011
4.1 is updated with Pershoot's newest Kernel Source and some video and camera driver reconfigurations have taken place where you can play upto 720p just not full 1080p and to where it is extrememly stable. And with this kernel is alot more stable than 3.2 where the random shut offs when sleep due to the kernel are gone, made the illuminate interface run much smoother and video quality on the Gtab with this on Honeycomb Build plays better than my Acer HD Monitor at work.

i hear you on that, oh question though so if i build a kernel from your source it will be the 4.1+ features i saw some experimental stuff in the menu config i would like to try hehe. Probally should read more but hey if you don't break it you'll never know how to fix it.