Updated CM7 and now DSPManager crashes?

mooniegt

Feb 19, 2011
I was on one of the recent nightlies and updated to 225. I keep getting errors about DSPManager crashing. Now YouTube only very rarely works. I also get random reboots when pressing volume up. I've tried reverting to the latest stable version and even formatted data, cache, and dalvik and get the same errors. I tried clearing cache for DSP, market, YouTube, and google framework. What else can I do? Really frustrated here...

ja2038

Dec 15, 2010
I was on one of the recent nightlies and updated to 225. I keep getting errors about DSPManager crashing. Now YouTube only very rarely works. I also get random reboots when pressing volume up. I've tried reverting to the latest stable version and even formatted data, cache, and dalvik and get the same errors. I tried clearing cache for DSP, market, YouTube, and google framework. What else can I do? Really frustrated here...

I was on CM 7.0.3 and moved to CM 7.1.0-N1 and yes, DSPManager crashes every time I use Phone. That seems like an old CM 7ish bug that went away and has come back.

Regarding Netflix, Netflix this morning had an update in the Market that was noted, "fix incompatibility with CM7"

patruns

Jun 4, 2011

It has been an issue since 222. Go back to 221. So many fixes in the latest nightlies I don't know if this has been fixed yet. I think I read in another forum that 228 still causes FCs.....

mooniegt

Feb 19, 2011
228 still had issues for me. I completely wiped it all out and went back to the last stable. I still get a lot of "this video cannot be played" errors in YouTube, but everything else seems to work.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
228 still had issues for me. I completely wiped it all out and went back to the last stable. I still get a lot of "this video cannot be played" errors in YouTube, but everything else seems to work.

I have been getting that in youtube as well, and I believe it is a youtube app issue. Turn the Nook to landscape while the video is trying to load and then touch the screen. In the upper right the HD icon will pop up, thouch it to turn HD off. Now your video should load.

Not exatly sure what the issues but it seems that the default is to try and run HD. If the video is not HD instead of automatically kicking down to low res it just says video can't be played. Once you turn HD off manually though it loads right up.

JP

mooniegt

Feb 19, 2011
Can anyone confirm if the latest nightlies fix this issue? I'm hesitant to update...

mooniegt

Feb 19, 2011
I went ahead and updated last night. DSP issue seems to be fixed. I did get one market FC, but seems to be ok now. My biggest complaint is still YouTube. Having to deselect HQ for every video is a real drag...