Updated to flash player 11.1!! HELP PLEASE

codeb1

May 12, 2012
Hi, I only got C91 upgrade on Thursday and after setting it up I then did the updates. Unfortunately I updated flash to 11.1 from the 10.2 that was already on it. Its on ics and I now can't get 10.2 back on it. Was working ok when it came with the ics and 10.2 on it so I am really annoyed with myself for updating to 11.1 which now won't work on anything and that was the point of me getting this tablet. If I do a factory reset will it go back to how I got it or will the company I got it from have done something else as well. Not sure what I need to look at in the about section re root/rom and all that. Any help would be much appreciated.

benadlam

May 6, 2012
My C91 Upgrade has never seemed to have worked with flash player, its only ever had flash player 11 tho

codeb1

May 12, 2012
benadlam said:
My C91 Upgrade has never seemed to have worked with flash player, its only ever had flash player 11 tho

Mine came with the ics software but with the flash 10.2 but now with having done the flash player update to 11.1 it won't let me revert back to the 10.2 as its on the ics. Just my luck

benadlam

May 6, 2012
Mine never had flash player installed so my only option was off the market, although oddly flash works in opera mobile browser only??? Weird!

Oh and for a website for tablets, this website is awful to use on em!

Last edited:

pdimo29

May 18, 2012
Hi guys. I had the same issue with my tablet. SOLVED the problem by doing a factory reset and then installing Adobe Flash 10.2 (using the native appinstaller button) and choosing the initial location /mnt/flash then sub location /mnt/flash/media/pkg2.1.apk. Only then does flash player work. Before doing this step ensure that you have removed any other version of flash. At this stage I have not found a way to get flash 11 to work on the ZT280 C91 Upgrade. Also installing or upgrading from the app store does not work. Downloading an archived version of flash and installing that, also doesnot work. Hope this helps.

advido

May 18, 2012
....I've just got my ZT 280 c91 pad for my dad.... (it came with Android 4 - ICS already installed)

Put on BBC iplayer app and it says Flash required... go to market - download Flash 11 -

Doesn't play BBC iPlayer.... just a loading/buffering twirly 'til timeout....

My pad (Toshiba Thrive) - has Android 3 and flash 10 but BBC iplayer works....

When is an 'upgrade' not an upgrade......

how do I put an earlier flash onto ICS when there's only v11 on market ?

benadlam

May 6, 2012
Hi guys. I had the same issue with my tablet. SOLVED the problem by doing a factory reset and then installing Adobe Flash 10.2 (using the native appinstaller button) and choosing the initial location /mnt/flash then sub location /mnt/flash/media/pkg2.1.apk. Only then does flash player work. Before doing this step ensure that you have removed any other version of flash. At this stage I have not found a way to get flash 11 to work on the ZT280 C91 Upgrade. Also installing or upgrading from the app store does not work. Downloading an archived version of flash and installing that, also doesnot work. Hope this helps.

This works! Thank you!! Although opera browser doesn't seem to like it. Lol