Updating a Kyros MID1125?

radboy16

Dec 28, 2011
So I have a Coby Kyros MID1125 running the preinstalled version of Android OS 2.3, and I am considering updating to the latest version of Android.

Will this brick my tablet?

Where can I download this update from so I can install it from an SD card?

I want to do a full backup of EVERYTHING (app data, cache, you name it. I want it to be exactly like it used to before the hypothetical screwy update), how would I do so?

How would I restore my tablet with said backup?

Would the device still be fully controllable and functional even though I only have 6 hard keys (Vol -+, power, home, back, menu),

Is the new OS compatible with my device?

I mainly want to try this out because I want more menu options (seeing as the one that came with it has restricted options, and it is
Missing the accounts and sync section.
especially missing the accounts & sync section) and maybe more eye pleasing menus (I have no idea what the latest look a like,

radboy16

Dec 28, 2011
Also, will updating preserve all my data or will it basically do a factory rest to the latest OS version?

Sorry for the end being unclear at the end, my tablet does not like posting on this forum.I have no idea what the latest version looks like. I appreciate any help you guys give me here.

And my device is rooted.

mharckk

Dec 4, 2011
for your firmware upgrade, just what like coby says, they dont have upgrades for the tablets that they release, if they release it as 2.3 then your stuck in 2.3 unless someone will make a cfw with an updated firmware.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Yes Coby doesn't upgrade their tablets, It's really becoming pointless to buy Coby tablets, they are over priced and not upgradable.