updating build version A500_1.102.01_COM_GEN1

irishmoe

Aug 17, 2011
ok so i my sister in-law got a job at acer and gave me an A500 that was in the office. She told me i could keep it but if it had any problems i was on my own. I just noticed the build is pretty damn old but checking for updates over the wifi tells me I'm up to date. I really want to update it as i'm sure i'm missing out :confused: any help for a complete dimwit?

HD87

May 14, 2011
ok so i my sister in-law got a job at acer and gave me an A500 that was in the office. She told me i could keep it but if it had any problems i was on my own. I just noticed the build is pretty damn old but checking for updates over the wifi tells me I'm up to date. I really want to update it as i'm sure i'm missing out :confused: any help for a complete dimwit?
Is the tablet on Android version 3.0.1 or 3.1?

irishmoe

Aug 17, 2011
can someone please give me some advice. i tried installing the latest update but it won't work. is my build version too old.

HD87

May 14, 2011
3.0.1 version. I 'd really appreciate any pointers.

Download this to a PC --> Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
its builld# 4.010.40 COM GEN1, which is 3.1
Leave folder compressed.
Transfer to an external SD card.

But before you update back up your current ROM.!
Download & install Acer Recovery Installer v1.51 from the Market.
Install ClockworkMod Recovery.
Power off your tablet, then boot up by holding the power & down volume buttons.
Use the - & + volume buttons to go down the list, select back up & restore, click the power button to enter.
Click full back up, will perform a full nandroid back-up of 3.0.1 to an external SD card, make sure you have atleast 1 GB of memory.

After you back-up, before you install the update.zip.. Important to WIPE everything from the tablet. this video will show you how.

Skip to 3:49

He is installing a custom ROM Virtuous Picasso, same concept but you'll be installing stock 3.1

Warning: This could brick your tablet. Attempt at your OWN RISK

Last edited by a moderator:

irishmoe

Aug 17, 2011
HD87 you're a legend! Did all of the above and i'm now on 3.1! Now for a dumdum question. Will i be able to restore my apps etc from the back up i made without affecting the current set up?

HD87

May 14, 2011
HD87 you're a legend! Did all of the above and i'm now on 3.1! Now for a dumdum question. Will i be able to restore my apps etc from the back up i made without affecting the current set up?
The back up was for 3.0.1, restoring would restore back that build.
There is an app called Titanium Backup Pro, which backs up the apps & data, but alittle late for that..

Last edited:

elsuirad

Jul 28, 2011
The back up was for 3.0.1, restoring would restore back that build.
There is an app called Titanium Backup Pro, which backs up the apps & data, but alittle late for that..

HD87:

How or where can I find the tut for
iCONIA a500∞3.2 HoneyVillain 1.1? (if you posted it)

That is your current rig's version, isn't it?