Updating for us rooted guys?

Blwnv8

Dec 19, 2011
So what's the deal for us, anyone with root get the update or force it? I couldn't find the update or check for update anywhere on mine. Now I did us titanium backup to free the update service. Does that mean we won't see it automatically now? I'd like to see what all this honeycomb is all about. Wish someone would upload a little video info for us to see on youtube. I'm glad it's here, was hoping it would fix some little things here and there. Especially like the sd card issue. My vtab is out of space. Oh well. I'm meeting with a guy tom that might buy mine. Might be a little closer to buying the asus transformer prime :)

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I'm sure a youtube will be posted eventually. Just have to give it time since they release is rolling out slowly. There are some pictures in this thread http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/vizio-tablets/35601-vtab1008-android-3-2-1-a.html. Having update manager blocked in Titanium Backup means that you probably won't see the update even if it is pushed to you. Because it is a slow roll out even if you run the updater again you may not see the update for a while.

If having root is an advantage for you or part of the deal for selling it, then I would wait before updating in any case. It is not clear if the update can be rooted but the original rooting methods were tried without success. There is no need to rush into things, just wait and see what youtube brings and then you can decide if it looks worth it.

Blwnv8

Dec 19, 2011
Any idea where to look on the vtab for a check for update? Can't find it anywhere but I assume that might have something to do with freezing the update service.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Any idea where to look on the vtab for a check for update? Can't find it anywhere but I assume that might have something to do with freezing the update service.

If you froze the update service then, yes you probably will not see the update. Besides that not everybody gets it at the same time so it may not have been sent to you yet. If you want to see if you get it then unfreeze the updater but realize you could loose root.

alucard9114

Dec 12, 2011
I have. 56 and. 57 keeps popping up for the update not honeycomb or 2.0 do we need to update to. 57 before we get Honeycomb?

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Tapatalk