updating manually NEED help please

ck1

Feb 13, 2011
doing as directions say to get it to update however is is NOT seeing the file. maybe i am not placing it in the correct location.

HELP PLEASE!

Do not put the .zip file into any folder and don't create any new folders and add the update file onto it, simply drag and drop it into the tablet's root/main directory.

After the transfer finishes, safely remove the NOOK Color. The tablet will automatically recognize the file after a few minutes or when it goes to sleep mode, and it will start installing the Froyo update.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Do you have an SD card inserted into your Nook? If so you may be placing it on the SD card by mistake. Are you already rooted or have you done anything else to your nook other than leave it stock?

Take out any SD card, use your usb cable to connect the nook to the PC. Make sure you get the usb connection message on the screen of the Nook. It should now pop us as a drive on your PC. Copy the 1.2 update zip file to the main directory (root) of the Nook not in any folder.

"Eject" the device from the pc and when you get the safe to disconnect message unplug the usb cable from the nool. Now tap the power button to sleep the nook and you should update within 5 minutes or so.

ck1

Feb 13, 2011
doing it now i did forget to take out SD card.... will update good or bad news..

ck1

Feb 13, 2011
removed sd card.
did as you said.

Ilet it sit i watched it restart NO UPDATE still 1.1

the update file also is GONE not in the folder

rooting this wasnt even 1/4 are hard to get a normal update to go.

I give up this is 3 nights i sat down trying to get it to update and it wont do it.

my wifi is always connected it isnt updating..

Last edited:

Shimmy

Feb 2, 2011
If you are already rooted it will not allow you to update. You must restore back to stock if you are planning on updating to the B&N 1.2 stock. You will be able to re-root after the update.

ck1

Feb 13, 2011
maybe i shouldnt drink while trying this stuff.. LOL You are correct i never un-rooted it.

now i notice i am missing the market i thought that was there from the start or am i just used to the root..

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Nope the Market is part of rooting. B&N 1.2 has a B&N Market but it is very limited and not the Android Market you are now use to. Another reason to root or run a custom ROM.