Updating my uPAD.

RyuKisargi

Apr 21, 2011
I have a 7" uPad with a ZT-180 1g processor, 256 MB of ram. I'm kind of new to the whole scene, I'd just like instructions on how to update this, there's so many different firmwares out there, and I've read that the 180 can do 10.1 flash now, so.

RyuKisargi

Apr 21, 2011
Yeah. but how do I install it? I know how to install APKs, but not update the firmware.

jonyjony420

Apr 21, 2011
For example, I will be editing the template in PS design wise with a view to upload it via FTP to my hostin/

Veblin

Apr 23, 2011
I would suggest using a newer update.
7 Inch Zenithink ZT-180 Android2.2 20110425

TF card = micro SD card. Use only 4GB or smaller for updates. Larger cards will not work for flashing updates and will give the error No zImage_update.

Updates will remove all your user installed apps and data so if you do not want to download them all again, use a backup app to make a backup folder and then copy backup folder to exteral sdcard before updating. After updating you can copy the backup folder back to it's original location and after reinstalling your backup app you can use this backup app to reinstall all the other app's.

Here is the update readme file that I have corrected some information and engrish to english.

Product: Zenithink ZT-180 7inch UPAD
The Way for upgrade and announcements
===========================================
must-see for upgrade
The file is too big for uploading, so it will be packed into two different files.
1: Unrar the two files after you download them
2: Copy the five files in the folder named "zImage" into the folder named "zt-update"
3: Copy the folder named "zt-update" to TF card and then update for your tablet
===========================================
The way for upgrade by TF card is followed as below:
1: Copy folder "zt-update" to TF card and insert TF card in slot
2: Press ESC key (right side of the screen) at the same time as you turn on the tablet
3: Follow the instructions appearing on the screen, the device will do the upgrade and restart by itself.
Special emphasis
Please keep charger connected to tablet when you upgrade by TF card to avoid any risk
=============================================

Additional notes for 20110425
This update contains Flash Player 10.1 and Angry Birds APK'S. OI File Manager location /mmt/sdcard/demo
After installing Flash Player 10.1 and opening the Browser, press menu, then choose Ipad (HTML5) or Flash, when you switch it, you need to click “refresh ” for it to take effect.
This update gives you a choice of standard Launcher or VTL Launcher.

Last edited:

Veblin

Apr 23, 2011
After installing I was able to install the flash 10.1 version that is in my previous post.
It does not work very well as it is quite pixilated sometimes but is better than nothing.
When installed it shows as being version 10.1.106.15 though it seems to be a different APK file than one with the same number that originally came from the Android market.

The only other one I was able to install was 10.1.61.68. If you tried the one above and it would not install then I guess you will have to try other ones and see if any work.
Other versions of Flash.

Hopefully future Zenithink updates will fix this problem.

Last edited:

bowbow_lew

Jan 26, 2011
newer update...?? affter update my set just stay in black??? or it will reboot itself??? pls help
and many thanks

MrFus

May 9, 2011
Hi, im new to tablets and the Android... how can i know te version on my upad? It is the number that follow the kernel version (on my upad shows 2.6.32.9 root@android#2870)?

Veblin

Apr 23, 2011

1: Unrar the file after you download
2: Create a folder named "zt-update"
3: Copy the following files to folder "zt-update"

boot.logo
system.tar.bz
usr.tar.bz
zImage
zImage_adb
zImage_factory
zImage_ums
zImage_update

4: Copy folder "zt-update" to TF card and insert TF card in slot
5: Press ESC key (right side of the screen) at the same time as you turn on the tablet
6: Follow the instructions appearing on the screen, the device will do the upgrade and restart by itself.
Special emphasis
Please keep charger connected to tablet when you upgrade by TF card to avoid any risk

MrFus

May 9, 2011
Thanks, i get the update and it was really easy to get the upad updated and running fine, the update solve the problems installing some apps that give me a unknow error -18... he only bad is that i cant use live walpapers no more, if i try to install one it say something like your device dont support live walpapers or somethng like that.

MrFus

May 9, 2011
What app to backup the sistem are you using? I'm using one that I get from the market but I really only keep the apps that I have install but not any data from tablet (email configuration, wifi WEP key or nothing).

Its possible to backup all this details or always I will have to re-enter the information after upgrade?