updtae coby kyros

benjas34

Jan 12, 2011
hi im wondering if i can update my coby kyros mid7015 that is already running the android 2.1 os to the 2.2 or 2.3 android os, and if i can i wanna kow how to do it, thaks:cool:

bronx_kyros

Jan 11, 2011
I thought about that. I think one would first have to find a way to gain access into the Kyros...directory structure and from there perhaps copy that structure into a local PC drive and maybe through SDK hack and test and finally upload edits back into Kyros. There are some applications out there...its just going to take some research. I just tried to do such a setup on Windows 7 but would not work on my x64

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
I've started a thread about my efforts to get an updated kernel so we can attempt to get froyo working. It's going to take a while, though.

benjas34

Jan 12, 2011
hi l_m i already see your thread but to be honest im new with all of this of the tablets and android, so i wanna know if you can teach me some things about the android, to start, what is the "kernel"???, an i know that sdk is the software development kit of android but i really dont know how to use it if you could tell me how it will be great, and how to use the adb.
and my last question whats that about rooting the tablet. thank you

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
hi l_m i already see your thread but to be honest im new with all of this of the tablets and android, so i wanna know if you can teach me some things about the android, to start, what is the "kernel"???, an i know that sdk is the software development kit of android but i really dont know how to use it if you could tell me how it will be great, and how to use the adb.
and my last question whats that about rooting the tablet. thank you

Use the search feature. There is detailed information about rooting already posted.

benjas34

Jan 12, 2011
Use the search feature. There is detailed information about rooting already posted.
thanks but i already see that post about how to root, but the quesion is what is that???, what is rooting???
im new with android...

rlm1949

Nov 26, 2010
Sorry but I'm missing something here. Alot actually. I'v got z4root, SU access, and Terminal Emulator BUT then what to upgrade beyond 2.1 on my Coby MID 7015?

Russ450

Mar 11, 2012
@I_n I don't see your thread........And I want to do this with my Coby Kyros MID7016-4G,but I can't find I way to root it. Can you help me?