Upgrade Coby Kyros MID-7120-4G OS from 2.3.3 to anything better....please help

kingston0479

Dec 22, 2011
My girlfriend has recently purchased a 4GB Coby Kyros MID-7120-4G, a groupon deal unfortunately, and i know it is not running at its optimal performance. I know it is a bottom of the line tablet but I know android has the capabilities to root and accelerate the processor for faster operation. No idea how to do it, but willing to sacrifice this tab to learn... can any body please point me in the right direction, videos, walkthrus, anything will help. This thing has got to be able to do more....

Dec 12, 2011
Hi Kingston!
Welcome to the forum. I'm pretty new here, too. I bought 4 different Kyros tablets for the family and came here to get as much info as I could. It's a great place. With a great search engine. That's your best bet, searching for all the info you can find on your tablet. Just search 7120 and go from there. Many of the tabs have the same internals with different button placement, so upgrades like rooting and ROMing for the 7012 may also work for the 7120.

Hope this helps, the Kyros is a nice little tab for the money and a great one to start with without spending the car payment on an iPad!

Ginny in Denver-ish