Upgrade to 4.0.3 Problem

libertytom

Feb 25, 2012
New member. New Eee pad transformer TF101. This morning I was prompted to upgrade to a new android version - so I did while docked with the keyboard. Now the navigation icon/buttons in the lower left corner of the screen (previous, home and recent apps) are missing - docked or undocked. The pad undocked is now almost useless.

Upgraded to version 4.0.3

Any ideas?

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I upgraded while docked and have no problems. Have you tried a reboot?

libertytom

Feb 25, 2012
I have turned the thing completely off and on several times, if that is what you mean - no improvement. Could there be a setting to relocate or turn those navigation buttons off? Thank you.

Weebee

Dec 1, 2011
When you pushed the off button did you get a promt asking if it was ok to power off?

b1lk1

Jan 15, 2012
Most people have solved their various problems after the upgrade by doing a factory reset. Make sure to save any important data first of course.

gpo1956

Dec 18, 2011
Try the hard reboot. Push and hold the Power button and the Volume Down button for 15 seconds and then release and wait for it to restart.

libertytom

Feb 25, 2012
I gave that a whirl, a couple of times both docked and undocked, but no joy. Thank you for the idea, though. I'll need to get my nephew over here to try the factory reset idea; I'm not risking that without someone who enjoys tinkering with this stuff. I just want it to work. My I-pad user friends are laughing at me...

'Very sincere thanks.

zencala

Feb 28, 2012
Download "ADW Desktop", it is like a desktop replacement. Once you have downloaded it, run it and customize. Reboot the device and select which desktop you want to use. Let me know when you do this so I can walk you through this.

Thanks,

David
Zencala Computers and Security Systems
[email protected]

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum