Upgrading a Huawel s7-104: How far can you go?

Zardoc54

May 16, 2011
1) I am looking for the best (and easiest) way to upgrade my Huawei Ideos s7-104. How far can this tablet be upgraded? Can you go all the way to android 4.0?
2) Has anyone ever found a working dock for this tablet?
3) Are their any wireless or bluetooth keyboards for this tablet?
4) Can any other OS run on this tablet such as Windoze or Linux?

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Honestly, read the forums, this tablet has had amazing user support, and all your questions have been answered at one point or another. My S7 104 bb is running Froyo with link2sd and is still a pretty cool device, although extremely dated (obviously). No dock has been seen in the wild, although there are still pictures of one found in my local post office's most wanted board. For me, this sits beside my Archos 5IT as a device that got me seriously hooked on Android, but I haven't given it any serious consideration for quite some time.

co0led

Aug 20, 2011
1) I am looking for the best (and easiest) way to upgrade my Huawei Ideos s7-104. How far can this tablet be upgraded? Can you go all the way to android 4.0?
2) Has anyone ever found a working dock for this tablet?
3) Are their any wireless or bluetooth keyboards for this tablet?
4) Can any other OS run on this tablet such as Windoze or Linux?

Hello!
1. you can use the 4.1 on this tablet, but, the bluetooth and Camera are not working yet.
2. we didnt find a working dock but we found people developing one (that included me a while ago but at a certain point i had to quit because i got too much work at university). anyway... dont count on finding one...
3. you can use bluetooth keyboard with stock rom (2.2) but you cannot use it with 4.1 (as i said bluetooth isnt working yet). keyboards with wire work good (at least on my 105 model it does).
4. I dont know what Windoze is, but, you can run linux.

Links:

Android 4.1 (CM10) -> http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...7-rom-paranoid-android-2-18-s7-10x-angel.html
Linux -> [HOWTO] Install GNU/Linux on the Huawei S7 - xda-developers

p.s: if people dont want to be kind and answer the users questions its better if you simply dont post at all...