Upgrading ROM - Stuck at Viewsonic Splash Page

MKITGO2

Apr 15, 2011
Running VeganTab 5.11 on 2.2 I started having a FC Loop problem. So went into CWM and restored from back-up... problem solved(ish) the backup was old, so I lost some stuff... thought I would take the opportunity to upgrade to a 1.2 ROM.

Followed the instructions for upgrading from boot loader 1.1 to 1.2 in the stickie on the ROM's page. All went well. Had a 4349 ROM up and running.

I reinstalled CWM (it was wiped in the boot loader upgrade). No problems.

I have now been trying to install VEGAn-TAB GingerEdition 7.1.0 for BL1.2 and/or Flashback 10.1 for BL 1.2... following the respective instructions via the CWM methods for both.

In both cases after i select 'reboot system now' the tab stays on the 3birds Viewsonic splash page. (I have waited over 30 minutes for each).

In the last round, after selecting the .zip on the SD and receiving the installation complete message for the package, I decided to go back into 'choose zip from sd card' to look at the file structure on the device.. it had not changed. so I went through 'mounts and storage' mounted the USB to view it through 'my computer' on the laptop and there are no new APK's, directories etc... only the very base folders are there.

It seems like CWM is not unpacking the Zip file... is this possible?

Would appreciate any thoughts/advice... I don't really like the Tap'n'Tap stock 4349 ROM.

MKITGO2