Upgrading TF 201

Kutch98

Jan 19, 2012
Hello, first time poster, month long reader!

So I bought a Asus Prime and I am currently tryign to upgrade to ICS. I would do it over WiFi but it cuts out every 30 min and the download restarts. I got it downloaded on my laptop but now how do I put I get my tablet to upgrade? Im pretty raw with a lot of that stuff so please talk to me like Im the kid who puts the circle ball in the triangle hole.

Bugeyz

Jan 19, 2012
Mine just came in automatically. It was actually pretty painless. The second update came in yesterday with a gps fix that seems to work well for my tablet.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Tablet Forum

bhamitgeek

Dec 6, 2011
you will take the zip file that you have and will put it at the root of your storage. reboot, booting into the recovery which is power on then hold volume down..when menu comes up volume up button...it will go through the install

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
More detail. Take the file from your PC and unzip it once. You should still have the zip file, do not go all the way to the files.

Take that file and copy to a MicroSD, put that in your tablet. Copy that file to the root of your tablet using the built in File Explorer app. Wait and you will see a little triangle icon in the system tray in the lower right corner that says something along the lines of "Update file found"

Follow the prompts and you should be good to go.

tstamey

Feb 20, 2012
I still have no clue how to even look for the update of ice cream sandwich on my Asus Prime Tablet and how do you know if you have it downloaded or not?

slimster303

Mar 7, 2012
I asked my brother the same thing. Go to settings and scroll all the way down to: About tablet. If the android version is 4.0 or greater than you have ICS.