Upload ebooks onto neo pad

didmc

Nov 26, 2011
Can someone please help me with how to load the books onto the NeoPad? I have them saved to my computer as PDF, not even sure I have them saved in the right format.

Jimdoc

Apr 20, 2012
Hi I have just purchased a Neopad M712 , and have the same query.. Was wondering if you resolved the problem , and if so, how. cheers Jim

MixItUp

May 20, 2012
Hi I have just purchased a Neopad M712 , and have the same query.. Was wondering if you resolved the problem , and if so, how. cheers Jim

Hi Jim,

I find that the easiest way to upload anything to a tablet is to use wifi. It requires the other machine (e.g. PC or laptop) to have wifi as well. Then a little program on your tablet (e.g. ES File Explorer). If you have these, then just follow this step-thru.

1 - Copy the files you want to transfer, to a folder on your PC/laptop (e.g. C:\temp)
2 - You have to find out what the IP address is of your PC/laptop
I will assume you have a Windows-based other machine, in which case, follow these to get you IP address
a - Click on Start. On the Search field (or Run field, if you have it), type "cmd". This will open up a Command Prompt window.
b - Type "ipconfig" then press Enter. Note the IP address of your machine. Type "exit" when done to close the window.
3 - Open up your file explorer app on your tablet (using ES File Explorer on this example)
4 - Using ES File Explorer, click on LAN. This will show you all the devices your tablet has detected via WiFi (note this will show IP addresses only)
5 - Click on the IP address (from step 2). This will prompt you for the Username and Password of your PC/laptop.
I have come across 'issues' where it doesn't accept a 'blank' password. In which case, you will have to give your PC/laptop a password.
Once it accepts your Username and Password, you will now be able to navigate your PC/laptop.
6 - Navigate to where you place the files you want to transfer (e.g. C:\temp)
7 - Click on Select (this enables multi-selection of files). Then click on the files you want to copy.
8 - Still on ES File Explorer, click on Local. Navigate to where you want to copy the files to (e.g. eBooks).
9 - Then paste the files.

That's pretty much it. You can use the same procedure to copy any file/s in/out of your tablet.

If you have any questions, just give me a nudge. :)

Mix