Urgent - Coby Kyros 7012 Charging Light Indicator

cobyboy

Jan 23, 2012
I just purchased a 7012 Kyros and charged it up, however, I can't see the charge light except when I turn the lights off and very faintly I saw a blue light through the mini usb port inside. Where is the light supposed to be showing?

I see a small hole between the Mini usb and headphone jacks and am thinking that if this is where its supposed to be then either the hole is blocked or the led is bent inside and not in the right position.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Usually the ligth is inside the Home button, a silver round one... But it's on 7024/8024/1024, maybe it's different on your model. Anyway, it should be readly visible, so you may want to check with the place where you bought it from if it can be replaced.

cobyboy

Jan 23, 2012
Usually the ligth is inside the Home button, a silver round one... But it's on 7024/8024/1024, maybe it's different on your model. Anyway, it should be readly visible, so you may want to check with the place where you bought it from if it can be replaced.

Returned the unit today and it was there last one so looking for another one this weekend. Hopefully when I pick up another one it will be good. The 7012 seems reliable from what I've read, compared to the Pandigital and Craig units I am also considering.

CaseyP

Jan 31, 2012
I think the 7012 shares a manual with the 7015 and others, and not all features are oon all models. To my knowledge the 7012 doesnt have a charge light. That tiny hole is the integrated mic.

Sent from my MID7012 using Android Tablet Forum

burkegarfield

Feb 6, 2012
I just purchased a 7012 Kyros and charged it up, however, I can't see the charge light except when I turn the lights off and very faintly I saw a blue light through the mini usb port inside. Where is the light supposed to be showing?

I see a small hole between the Mini usb and headphone jacks and am thinking that if this is where its supposed to be then either the hole is blocked or the led is bent inside and not in the right position.

The charging indicator is on the main startup screen, just below the time and day stamp on my 7012, It gives the percentage of charge for your battery and there is a lighting bolt image on the battery icon upper right.:)