urgent help with eBooks please help :)

vibe

Jun 15, 2011
Basically I am a med student, and the sole purpose of me buying the acer a500 tablet was to try and get some FREE torrented eBooks (med books are like 150 bucks each so even if I get a couple it makes the awesome tablet econmically viable :)

I am unable to do it though! I have some PDF format eboobs, put them on my USB and my tablet will not read anything on the USB....

Do I need an app?

Also, it did not read the video files (it isnt a broken USB btw :) I watched a review on yotube and apparently a lot of video format files dont work,anyone got a quick list that does ;)

vibe

Jun 15, 2011
haha I wrote eboobs! i would edit that but its epic sorry meant to say ebooks as im sure your aware lol

kierandill

Feb 8, 2011
This has nothing to do with accessories, btw.
And since most of us do have eBoobs on our tabs, it fit right in...

vibe

Jun 15, 2011
awesome guys thanks for the reply! so a file manager can be used to sync the PDF files from my computer to my tablet? And I am guessing calibre is such a tool? So just link my tablet to my laptop run the software and off I go?:cool:

vibe

Jun 15, 2011
so do i just open the program and sync it across it doesnt read my a500 in the program

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
You do all the work with calibre on your pc (and you can convert whole folders and batches - VERY convenient), then send it to your tablet via USB, your microSD card, flash drive, or wirelessly, depending on how you roll...

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

vibe

Jun 15, 2011
what format do I convert it to so I can transfer it across to my a500 tablet, its currently all pdfs...

Nrrrdgrrrl38

Aug 29, 2011
Calibre will not detect your A500. Step by step. Open Calibre on your PC, migrate in the books you need converted(the .pdf's) You will then right click and hit "convert book". You can then choose to do one at a time or a 'batch' convert. This is your choice. You will then hit "page setup" select default under the Input format, and then if you know what ebook reader you will be using (i use the nook reader) you can select that under output, Other wise just select "Tablet". Their are many settings to play with, I would browse, but not change any your first time. Then hit okay it will add it to the queue then process it. Once it is done it will be in the "Calibre" library folder. Plug in your tablet. Then open the "Calibre" library folder, copy the book in the correct format (Epub is for Nook reader and many others) So copy whichever is not the PDF format of the book. Then go to your tablets drive, and put it in the correct folder. Either make a folder or put it in the one that your reader will use. Nooks is Nook>My Documents. You can always move it using the file explorer on your tablet. I wish you luck it took me a while to figure it out :)