USB and the Coby MID7065

Upshifter

Apr 18, 2013
I bought a tablet case with USB keyboard, but I can't get my MID7065 to recognize it. I tried to set the MID7065 as a USB Host, but I can't find any way to do it. My PC Computer recognizes the MID7065, and seems to transfer data, but the USB on the MID7065 will not recognize a thumb drive. It does work okay with a microSD card. Is it possible to get the MID7065 to host other USB connections? This is my first tablet. Thank you.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I don't have a keyboard to test, but usb mouse works just fine on this tablet.

Sent from my Coby MID7065 using Android Tablet

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Good news: There's an app for this. StickMount automatically mounts and dismounts USB sticks.
The bad news: You have to root your tablet to be able to install StikMount. Sorry, Upshifter.

Ed

rooting this tablet isn't a problem, how does StikMount fix his keyboard problem?

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Excuse my ignorance, my dear vampirefo, but being a novice Android user, rooting is new to me and I assume that it may also be the same with Upshifter, a new tablet owner. As a result, I am responding to Upshifter's second part of the post, namely "Is it possible to get the MID 7065 to host other USB connections". I am simply suggesting that StikMount may be a solution, unless Upshifter does not root. In that case your experience would be invaluable.

Ed

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Excuse my ignorance, my dear vampirefo, but being a novice Android user, rooting is new to me and I assume that it may also be the same with Upshifter, a new tablet owner. As a result, I am responding to Upshifter's second part of the post, namely "Is it possible to get the MID 7065 to host other USB connections". I am simply suggesting that StikMount may be a solution, unless Upshifter does not root. In that case your experience would be invaluable.

Ed

Not a problem, I thought you knew some hack to get his keyboard working, I currently don't have a usb keyboards to test, but my mouse and other usb stuff works just fine.

Aug 8, 2012
I checked this tablet with the usb keyboard case from my broken 8042. It worked immediately without even touching a setting.

I would suggest looking at your usb host cable. Make sure that it is plugged in all of the way on both sides. If no other usb devices work, replace the host cable or at least find another device to test it on.

Upshifter

Apr 18, 2013
I checked this tablet with the usb keyboard case from my broken 8042. It worked immediately without even touching a setting.

I would suggest looking at your usb host cable. Make sure that it is plugged in all of the way on both sides. If no other usb devices work, replace the host cable or at least find another device to test it on.

You're correct. I was using a gender changer to connect the 2 male USB cables, the one from the keyboard and the dongle from the tablet. It didn't work. Anyway, today I received a new dongle from Amazon; the keyboard now works perfectly. Thank you. I am elated.

Aug 8, 2012
I am glad that you have everything working now. The host adapter worked fine with a USB hub on my 8042. I haven't tried it on this tab, but I am sure that it will work. A usb hub with an external power supply is helpful to keep all the devices from using your tablet battery.