USB Broadband And Me

ches0ne

Apr 24, 2013
So recently a relative purshaced an LT901.

Just today we found out that the tablet can not use a USB dongle unless it is bought from the same guy he bought the tablet ( Tried using a Huawei E173 - which is on supported devices).

I also cant access recovery mode no matter what combination of keys I try ( I hate black market deals ) so the tablet's software mustve been messed with.

My questions are:
Has the said guy who he bought the tablet from restricted most Mobile Broadband devices?
How am I supposed to remove his restrictions if I cant even access recovery mode?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

I'm not sure I follow some of your explanation. The Huawei E173 does work on many if not most Android tablets but some don't, in part due to the version of Android on the tablet. I really don't follow the part about it being locked. If you can use it I can't see locked being a problem.

Another thing about using a USB modem is that it may need a provider to activate it.

ches0ne

Apr 24, 2013
Thank you,

He was at the provider just today and they couldn't get it to work either, the USB stick works on a computer, though.

As far as I was told the settings just reset once it is restarted.

The tablet was not bought from a hardware store but from a random site with ads to save a few bucks.
I think the person it was bought from injected something in it because he too sells mobile broadband sticks.

If you could help me at least get to the recovery menu it would be greatly appreciated.

I apologise for not being good at explaining.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I'm sorry I can't be of any help getting you to the recovery on the tablet. I wish I could. As far as getting the modem to work it's interesting that it resets itself when the tablet gets restarted. You might want to try downloading PPP Widget from the Google Store. And see if that helps.

ches0ne

Apr 24, 2013
There won't be any change as the widget requires root access - is there a way to root it without having to enter the boot menu?

I have only done rooting once before and it was on my Galaxy Ace.