USB CONNECTION WITH CyanogenMod

pascotsman

Feb 23, 2012
I have rooted my Nook Color with CyanogenMod using an SD Card. I am unable to use the USB port with the nook now. Everything works great with the CyanogenMod installation with the exception of being able to connect to my computer. Any suggestions on how I can correct this.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
USB port for file transfers? There are options in the settings to adjust the USB port for debugging, storage, peripherals etc.

aarons510

Apr 8, 2012
I have rooted my Nook Color with CyanogenMod using an SD Card. I am unable to use the USB port with the nook now. Everything works great with the CyanogenMod installation with the exception of being able to connect to my computer. Any suggestions on how I can correct this.
USB port for file transfers? There are options in the settings to adjust the USB port for debugging, storage, peripherals etc.
With the USB cable connected, touch the little circle in the status bar (at the top or bottom of the screen) with the arrow pointing out if it. That should give you a horizontal white bar somewhere on the screen with the words 'USB connected' above 'Select to copy files to/from your computer.' When you touch that bar you should get a screen with the android logo and, again, with the words 'USB connected' under it. Click on the button near the bottom of the screen that says, 'Turn on USB storage'. When you do that, the screen will change so that the words under the (now-orange) logo will read 'USB storage in use' and the mountable partitions on the SD card and in the Nook's internal memory should show up wherever mountable partitions of connected drives show up on your computer. (I'm a Mac user, so I don't know if MSWindows users will have to do anything on the computer itself at this point to allow them to interact with those partitions.)

Last edited: