USB host mode

nerdcroid

May 17, 2011
Just wondering who is actually making use of the USB host mode capabilities? Also what are you using it for?

Personally I use an HP keyboard and sometimes a mouse.

Does anyone use a USB hub? Ive been trying but I can't seem to get it to work consistantly. Any suggestions?

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

moshe5368

Mar 13, 2011
I have been using host mode extensively since it was included in nook tweeks. I use a logitech bluetooth keyboard, a logitech laser mouse, a Belkin powered 7 port hub, and a 7 in 1 card reader. This setup allows me to read/write to flash drives, sd cards, and access my Nikon D70 camera directly. I import pictures from my camera to the nook so I can be sure I have the right shot. As I do landscape photography, I don't have to worry about my subjects moving (most haven't moved in the last thousand years or so). The 7"screen on the nook gives me a good image so I can see better than the 3" display on the camera.
Having access to my flash drives and sd cards gives me limitless storage for backups and roms. Here is a picture of my current setup taken with the Nikon and downloaded to the nook.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1311914970270.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1311914970270.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 7,617
  • $uploadfromtaptalk1311915018628.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1311915018628.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 1,719

nerdcroid

May 17, 2011
I saw your setup on another forum actually, it was what inspired me too create a setup of my own, lol. Where'd you get the micro USB (m) to USB (f) connector? Right now I'm using a cable I spliced together myself, but I think I have a cold solder joint because it doesn't seem to consistently connect properly.

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

ShutterPeep

May 3, 2011

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I have been using host mode extensively since it was included in nook tweeks. I use a logitech bluetooth keyboard, a logitech laser mouse, a Belkin powered 7 port hub, and a 7 in 1 card reader. This setup allows me to read/write to flash drives, sd cards, and access my Nikon D70 camera directly. I import pictures from my camera to the nook so I can be sure I have the right shot. As I do landscape photography, I don't have to worry about my subjects moving (most haven't moved in the last thousand years or so). The 7"screen on the nook gives me a good image so I can see better than the 3" display on the camera.
Having access to my flash drives and sd cards gives me limitless storage for backups and roms. Here is a picture of my current setup taken with the Nikon and downloaded to the nook.

It is a very nice setup. I am amazed at how you have been able to thoroughly netbookize (is that a term) the nook. This is a very capable device with just a little work.

JP :D

moshe5368

Mar 13, 2011
Amazon also sells an adapter. That is where I got mine. $3.44 for the adapter. It took 4 days to get here. I tried radio shack with no luck as well as the local computer store.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
What about those speakers that work with usb, anybody tried one?
Gloria

Sent from my LG-MS690 using Android Tablet Forum

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Lots of unanswered questions lately.....I guess all our gurus are on vacation!
Gg

Last edited:

ShutterPeep

May 3, 2011
What about those speakers that work with usb, anybody tried one?
Gloria

Sent from my LG-MS690 using Android Tablet Forum

Gloria dear, I highly doubt it if what you mean are USB powered speakers. They would draw too much power from the Nook. I understand from a lot of users that even some thumbdrives don't work due to power issues. But you'll never know. ;)