USB keyboard for the 70 - anyone get this to work???

bmurf

Jan 8, 2011
Hey all, I bought one of those 7" tablet USB keyboards with case thinking it would just plug in and work - looks like I'm out some money - it's doesn't do a thing when I hook it up and try to enter text through it with my 70.

Anyone get this working? Here's the one I'm referring to...

OutletPC.com - USB Tablet Size Mini-Keyboard Case for 7" Tablet PC w/ Faux-Leather Case

I'm using a micro USB male to mini USB female converter piece to connect the two.

If you have this and got it working, how did you do it?

Thanks!
Brian

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Hey all, I bought one of those 7" tablet USB keyboards with case thinking it would just plug in and work - looks like I'm out some money - it's doesn't do a thing when I hook it up and try to enter text through it with my 70.

Anyone get this working? Here's the one I'm referring to...

OutletPC.com - USB Tablet Size Mini-Keyboard Case for 7" Tablet PC w/ Faux-Leather Case

I'm using a micro USB male to mini USB female converter piece to connect the two.

If you have this and got it working, how did you do it?

Thanks!
Brian

Those individuals who I have seen the keyboard work is using a full-size USB to MicroUSB Host cable. Not micro to mini. I am using the 101 without issue too. I plug a regular USB keyboard in to the USB Host cable on my Tabs and it works. But I do not have that Keyboard so cannot speak to that.