usb keyboard on lexibook not working?

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Does the tablet have USB host capability? If not you may be out of luck I'm afraid.

J

jimbo7630

What Tom T just said, if you have two USB sockets it will only work in one i.e the one marked Host.

epad

Jun 22, 2011
Does the tablet have USB host capability? If not you may be out of luck I'm afraid.

Thanks but how do I find out if it has USB host capability? is it something I need to turn on in the settings?

thanks

J

jimbo7630

Most are marked (usually) on the rear of the case and you don't usually need to turn it on, If you have 2 sockets one is almost bound to be a Host just try the K/B in both (you may have to enable the K/B in Settings THIS could be a cause of the K/B not operating just now.)

epad

Jun 22, 2011
What Tom T just said, if you have two USB sockets it will only work in one i.e the one marked Host.

the lexibook has one usb socket but my other tablet has one usb socket and the keyboard works fine on that. is the host thing something that can be turned on in the settings?

I tried an external hard drive in the lexibook usb but that doesnt work either, it looks like there is no power coming from the socket, can the power be turned on in the settings?

thanks

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
epad said:
the lexibook has one usb socket but my other tablet has one usb socket and the keyboard works fine on that. is the host thing something that can be turned on in the settings?

I tried an external hard drive in the lexibook usb but that doesnt work either, it looks like there is no power coming from the socket, can the power be turned on in the settings?

thanks

Unfortunately it either has USB host functionality or it doesn't and it sounds like the lexibook does not. If it has BT you can always try that but BT keyboards tend to be expensive.

epad

Jun 22, 2011
Unfortunately it either has USB host functionality or it doesn't and it sounds like the lexibook does not. If it has BT you can always try that but BT keyboards tend to be expensive.

thanks for the info, ill take it back to argos, its freaky anyway, everything comes up in french and flash doesnt work either, nothing I plug in the usb works. maybe its faulty. oh well

J

jimbo7630

Seems like you are not the only one with problems (French) plus at £199 I think it was way overpriced. You'll find lots of good tablets for about half that price!

epad

Jun 22, 2011
Seems like you are not the only one with problems (French) plus at £199 I think it was way overpriced. You'll find lots of good tablets for about half that price!

actually the lexi was 99 quid but I have found another tablet even better for 69 on ebay. it has a camera, lexi doesnt have camera, this ebay one has more ram, a faster processor, what are lexi playing at selling this rubish. why are they marketing it in the UK and it all comes up in french. [h=1]69 quid on ebay EV764 7" Resistive Touch Screen Android 4.0.3 Tablet PC A10 Cortex A8, 1.2GHz 4GB memory :)[/h]

J

jimbo7630

Looks like a good buy at £69 but remember it has Resistive Touch Screen so no Pinch to Zoom capability.