USB not working

7tstang

Nov 26, 2011
Has anyone ever had a problem with the USB port not working? I have tried 3 different thumb drives that are FAT32 and tried doing factory reset but it just cant recognize that there is a thumb drive attached to it. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

HD87

May 14, 2011
what about a USB cable to a PC? If it does not detect any USB connection, its either hardware/software, in which case if you have warranty contact Acer would be your best choice.

makain

Dec 2, 2011
Has anyone ever had a problem with the USB port not working? I have tried 3 different thumb drives that are FAT32 and tried doing factory reset but it just cant recognize that there is a thumb drive attached to it. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

I had the exact same problem but mine wont even detect wireless mice or keyboards. I tried several different 3.2 roms with the same result. I just bought the tablet like a week ago so I guess Ill flash it back to stock, unroot and tell bestbuy I want a new one.

BTW the usb host port has power b/c it will power stuff connected to it but nothing else. Anybody else experience this?

-k

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011

Thanks

Precisely what do you mean when you say: "it just cant recognize that there is a thumb drive attached".

What were you expecting it to do?
Depending on the version of Honeycomb installed it may give no indication whatsoever.

But that doesn't mean it isn't working.

You need a file manager to know if the thumb drive is working.
Get ES File Explorer or File Manager HD from the market.

The thumb drives will show up in directory /mnt/usb_storage
(Most storage managers default to looking at /sdcard, so you have to go UP one directory to find /mnt )

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
I tried several different 3.2 roms with the same result. I just bought the tablet like a week ago
-k

This is a classic definition of being too big for your britches.

You bought it week ago, and immediately started loading roms before you even knew if it were working, and you expected some third party rom to fix problems?

HINT: Most third party roms have broken and non-working stuff. Of course the glowing reports never tell you this , or they gloss over the fact that major pieces don't work in their rush to hack the tablet just for the purpose of saying they did it.

I have never found even ONE usb keyboard that did not work, (even a proprietary Microsoft keyboard worked at some level even if all the media buttons didn't). Same for USB mice. They ALL worked. Same for Bluetooth Mice. All worked. Even my wireless USB-Dongle mice worked (although if you are going to have problems this is where they will surface - Wireless Dongles plugged into a USB port).