USB Port Replacement

MyHD120

Sep 4, 2011
OK, guys, in the process of replacing the broken USB port. I have a part on order which I hope is right and when I get it I will post the results. This is a picture of the main board. The port is surface mount. I messed up the original. It was so poorly made by a blind squirrel with only a hammer to work with. Someone with very basic soldering skills can do this. It's harder to get the case apart. If there is enough interest I will document with pictures.

$vtab.JPG

dannyd88

Dec 17, 2011
I would at least like to know how your project turns out. I'm still having good luck with my VTAB. I still handle it like a baby when charging and connecting but I'm always paranoid that it's going to break. Good luck.

MyHD120

Sep 4, 2011
Well, dannyd88, I think this board is about dead. Vizio has made such a mess with support not only with the Vtab but with their TV division. I've moved on to the iPad when I couldn't get this inexpensively repaired of find parts. No service manuals either. So, since I don't use it anymore I thought I'd try to repair it. If sucessful, I'll post som pictures.

MyHD120

Sep 4, 2011
Well, I gave up on it. Ordered 2 different Micro USB ports. Both were wrong footprints. I tried to adapt them. Wound up messing up on the solder. Oh, well, I now have parts to sell.