USB problems with external hard drive..

SuperGizmo123

Sep 5, 2011
I am having a ton of problems with the A500. I havent rooted or anything like that so i have no idea what is wrong..

I have a 500gb external goflex pro hard drive that is formatted to Fat32 (i know that the tablets can only read as such).

Everytime i plug it in, my iconia reboots!! It stays on the start up android screen for a long time before i force shut it off. Anyone else have this problem?? Any help is appreciated!!:mad:

carp

Aug 22, 2011
If you have a bootable file it try to boot

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

elsuirad

Jul 28, 2011
I have the same problem viewing all my 500GB and 1Tera Byte external HDD's but not rebooting my tablet even I used the ASTRO viewer, still can't see the contents of these large drives.

But when I plugged-in those small USB's (2GB, 4GB Nano USB flashdrive) using ASTRO, I can see all the contents including those hidden files as well.

What kind of file browser you used for browsing?

I know all of my externals are formatted in 32-bit as default.

SuperGizmo123

Sep 5, 2011
I'm using Astro as well. Even my 8gb thumb drive doesnt read. Something must be wrong with the tablet itself?? My thumb drive lights up but the tablet isnt reading it at all. Plugged it in to my wifes Samsung Galaxy Tab and it worked just fine.. Weird! Guess i have to go back to Best Buy and see what can be done..

redcloud

Aug 24, 2011
What version of Android are you running?? Dose it read some of your sdcard, or is this a problem with all sdcards??

elsuirad

Jul 28, 2011
Today, I successfult updated my Tablet A500 from 3.01 to 3.1 and just inserted 8GB MicroSD Card with several files on it (a PDF, a Text File, a GingerBreak.APK and Word document) there all now can be seen by my explorer and maybe I can add any video file and see if can be also watched.

SuperGizmo123

Sep 5, 2011
Im running Version 3.1. I havent tried to load an sd card yet. Maybe I should try that. Could this be a oS problem? USB is lighting up but its just not reading. Arg! Might have to take to best buy or send it to acer! Would resetting it work?? No idea what to do! :mad:

SuperGizmo123

Sep 5, 2011
UPDATE: Took it back to Best Buy and showed them what was up - how the tablet resets A LOT when you plug in my external. Was surprised that they gave me a replacement. Opened the new one, grabbed Astro file manager and viola! It works. Guess my tablet was messed up., At least its fixed!!