usb problems

UgO

May 16, 2011
I don't know if its something i'm doing wrong but how do you access a flash disk for examle that is pluged into the tablet?

I have tried 2 different flash disks with fat 32 and ntfs but nothing happens

Any help?

UgO

May 16, 2011
Nothing.

Well i know the port is powered if i plug my ipod in (lol the irony) it starts charging.

Another question, has there been an OS update yet? I'm still running 3.0.1

spexwood

May 11, 2011
This probably wont help at all, but be sure that you give the usb device at least 30 seconds before declaring it not found. I find that not all devices (especially ext hdds) will show up instantly.

UgO

May 16, 2011
OK fixed now, for some reason my pad does not like my flash disks, poped my friends flash in and it worked 100%

ObsidianBlk

May 13, 2011
I have three flash sticks. Two of them wouldn't read but the third didn't have any issues. I noticed the flash drives that didn't read, both had one of those special partitions from the manufacturer (for their own special windows backup software) while the one that worked was a plain Jane flash drive with no special partitioning.

On a similar note, both of my specially partitioned flash drives were corrupted. One of the two partitions got scrambled and I no longer have access to the data I had stored on them. Luckily they weren't storing any unrecoverable data.

PureDigital

May 12, 2011
On my Acer it takes about 4 minutes to mount my external portable 500 gig drive. But once its mounted its all good, currently sorting 10 years of photography on it right now with File Manager HD.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

UgO

May 16, 2011
English is english, just every country has its own version :)

In south afrika we refer to it as a flash disk