USB Thumbdrive

motorxoom

Apr 28, 2011
Anyone get a thumb drive to work on the USB. I'm close to taking back as the GPS blows on this device. I can't seem to get a thumbdrive to work which I need and was a selling point for me.

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
Mine also works. The only thing I can suggest is that you make sure yours is properly formatted.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

drozas

May 1, 2011
How do you format the drive? Newbee to android.

SiliconJunkie

Apr 21, 2011
I have a 16GB AData flash drive. Just plugged it in, and it was recognized right away. ES File Explorer showed the files resident on drive with no problem whatsoever.

SiliconJunkie

Apr 21, 2011
Format the flash drive in a PC. In "My Computer," right-click the drive and select "Format." Be sure to select FAT32.

Humantelope

May 2, 2011
how exactly are you testing it motorxoom ? mine all work fine like the others.

if you plug it in and expect a popup like on a computer its not going to happen (to my knowledge). in order to access the files i've had to go into a file explorer and go to /mnt/usb_storage ... hope mines normal and it isnt supposed to popup.. oh well.

Jento

May 2, 2011
Mine works great. Even use my WD MyPassport 500GB External HDD (Formatted to FAT32)

Played movies with MOBOPlayer perfectly.

motorxoom

Apr 28, 2011
I put Pics and Videos on there and nothing shows up. Even under Settings and Storage its not finding the USB Drive