usb webcam

maximus999

Jul 18, 2011
hi guys, is there a way to use a usb webcam on my acer a500 i have plugged he webcam into the usb port and the light comes on but i cant see it when i turn my camcorder on

many thanks for any guidance

wicced247

Jul 23, 2011
hi guys, is there a way to use a usb webcam on my acer a500 i have plugged he webcam into the usb port and the light comes on but i cant see it when i turn my camcorder on

many thanks for any guidance

Been tryin this to but no luck yet. Will let u know if i have any luck

Sent from my Coby Kryos MID7024 not-rooted with 16gb microSD

lded21

Jul 2, 2011
There is a built in camera and no need to connect a usb webcam.... If you are looking to video chat then try fring it works great for video chat

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

tampashooters

Jul 28, 2011
There is a built in camera and no need to connect a usb webcam.... If you are looking to video chat then try fring it works great for video chat

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Yeah, I don't get the need for an external webcam....

DanU

Mar 4, 2011
Not much hope for an external camera until the driver issue gets resolved, which will likely be never.

Greg_E

Nov 15, 2011
Bringing up an old thread with the hope that someone knows a way to do this... I recently purchased some small HD cameras that do not have a viewfinder, but they do offer USB camera mode to be used as a webcam. I want to be able to use the tablet as the viewfinder to set up the shots then disconnect to do the actual recordings. Anyone know anything about this?