Use for Iconia 500

crown16

Dec 18, 2013
Hi Guys,

I have owned a iconia a500 for close to two years now. It was fun in the beginning, but every update I received it just got slower and slower, to the point where I am to frustrated to even try and would rather boot my laptop instead of going through he hassle of my tab.

Anybody have any ideas on how to either strip it down software wise, just have wifi and a browser. All I really need i think, cause everything else take to long to open or do.

All suggestions of what purpose I can still use it for are welcome, would be a pitty to throw away..

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

Based on your statement I would suggest you do a factory reset. It would leave the updates but clean everything else. You'd probably have a hot rod in comparison.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
You probably could do a cache clear and data clear but make sure you back up your data on your tablet. You could also uninstall a few unused apps. If you don't have an external SDCARD, get one say 32GB in size and move your important data on to that. Depending on the size of your A500's internal SD and how many apps/widgets you' ve got running - these are all factors. The more widgets you have running the greater the bandwidth and the more RAM they take making th CPU work harder and slower. This applies to the social widgets like facebook, twitter and etc.

The A500 has only Dual core CPU whereas the later/newer tablets have Quad core CPUs. Your laptop may be Quad Core and newer than your tablet - there is no comparison. And these days with Win7 & 8, both which can be optimized to quick boot, how can you make a valid comparison?

Just a thought....:cool: