Use less battery please

islandman

Apr 4, 2013
I would like someone to advise me how to use less battery please. Yes, it's an odd question but there's a method in my madness. I'm about to start (hopefully) using a mifi for rail journeys that could take up to five hours. If the mifi is a success, I might try to use my galaxy tab 3 longer than the battery will allow, so if I can make a few adjustments (power saving) then maybe I will be able to have a degree of success.

islandman

Apr 4, 2013
What an adventure this has just turned out to be. I installed a battery saver (Comodo) and by doing so, turned off several things, including screen brightness, GPS, and feedback. What I didn't notice is that it had unticked sync and guess what, it brought over my laptop stuff and in doing so, brought with it this thing that plagued me for months.
[h=1]Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped , previously I had done a factory reset, removed the few free apps and still the pop-up appeared. So I removed all the bookmarks/favourites that via syncing had come across and googled the websites I wanted and bookmarked them directly from there. That put pay to the Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped message.[/h]
I have just removed all those things which came across, made sure sync was OFF, switched off/on, surfed a while and the pop-up didn't appear.Hopefully it's sorted.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
turned off several things, including screen brightness, GPS, and feedback

Turning off all the "radios" like WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC and GPS helps quite a bit. I keep mine off whenever I'm not actually using them. They even drain your battery when the tablet is "sleeping".