Use Vizio custom UI with alternate launcher

imhumanoid

Nov 5, 2011
Ahhh excellent! I am currently using Go Launcher Ex, and I wondered about the widget issue. Thanks! :]

gjhuff

Oct 30, 2011
How did you install Go Launcher X? My VTAB says it is not compatible, so it won't allow installation.

nck1992

Nov 6, 2011
Can I use my image as a wallpaper with launcher pro or Zeam launcher or others?
I tried launcher pro and zeam but I couldn't

marvin02

Aug 25, 2011
[h=3]Wallpaper[/h] There is no support for live wallpaper and wallpaper support in general is lacking. You are limited to whatever wallpapers that the home launcher you choose offers or what you can set with a third party app. I got QuickPic to work, but you have to restart to see the change. Third party apps may fix some of this.

[h=3]Lock Screen Wallpaper[/h] There is a setting called “Personalize” that exists just to change the lock screen wallpaper. You can choose an image from your gallery (or a third party gallery such as QuickPic) but you can not crop the image. This is applied immediately and you will see it the next time the lock screen appears.

[h=3]Wallpaper Wars[/h] Setting the desktop wallpaper with a third party app and using the personalize setting to set the lock screen wallpaper creates a conflict. If you are using a third party launcher like Launcher Pro and set the lock screen wallpaper after a reboot the lock screen wallpaper takes over the home screen, but the resolution is messed up. I have found the best results using the default lock screen wallpaper and a custom home screen wallpaper.

I wrote the above (article here) before the updates, I guess I need to check the accuracy after the updates.

marvin02

Aug 25, 2011
Wallpaper

There is no support for live wallpaper and wallpaper support in general is lacking. You are limited to whatever wallpapers that the home launcher you choose offers or what you can set with a third party app. I got QuickPic to work, but you have to restart to see the change. Third party apps may fix some of this.

Lock Screen Wallpaper

There is a setting called “Personalize” that exists just to change the lock screen wallpaper. You can choose an image from your gallery (or a third party gallery such as QuickPic) but you can not crop the image. This is applied immediately and you will see it the next time the lock screen appears.

Wallpaper Wars

Setting the desktop wallpaper with a third party app and using the personalize setting to set the lock screen wallpaper creates a conflict. If you are using a third party launcher like Launcher Pro and set the lock screen wallpaper after a reboot the lock screen wallpaper takes over the home screen, but the resolution is messed up. I have found the best results using the default lock screen wallpaper and a custom home screen wallpaper.

I wrote the above (article here) before the updates, I guess I need to check the accuracy after the updates.

imhumanoid

Nov 5, 2011
To use a wallpaper you will need to download an app like "Coveroid" or "PicSpeed Wallpapers". Those are the ones I use, and they let you choose and apply your wallpaper via the app itself.

If you use Go Launcher Ex..... when you set a new wallpaper it may not show up instantly. (it wont mine) so you will need to reset your go launcher ex. it not hard, google is love.

Tuberocity

Oct 31, 2011
I'm by no means an expert on Android as I just bought my Vizio VTAB1008 a month ago, but do know how to install Launcher EX. You must go into settings, and set the device to accept content from unauthorized sites, meaning other than the market. When you go to install the launcher Vizo will warn you that if thee device should become unusable, it's on your shoulders, not Vizio's! Just be sure to download from the actual Launcher Ex site or whatever launcher you choose to load. Hope that helps.