Used Nook? $150 What do you think?

little812

Aug 10, 2011
I am planning to pick up a NC from a person off CL. She said she purchaced it in Jan 11 and hasnt used it much.

I am new to the modding game, but have read articals and watched videos. I may need to lean on your expertise a bit if you dont mind.

Im excited to be getting into the tab game at $150. The purpose of the NC is to be a take along on trips and for the wife's school.

Couple of questions:
1) Will I be able to put an app like a Docs To Go on *rooted* NC?
2) Will it have the same functionality of a tab in the sence of Googling and MSGing (FB/Twitter) over wifi?

T/A

Look for me to be asking for help on rooting tomorrow hopefully.

Last edited:

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
I am planning to pick up a NC from a person of CL. She said she purchaced it in Jan 11 and hasnt used it much.

I am new to the modding game, but have read and watched videos. I may need to lean up your guys expertise a bit if you dont mind.

Im excited to be getting into the tab game at $150. The purpose of the NC is to be a take along on trips and for the wife's school.

Couple of questions:
1) Will I be able to put an app like a Docs To Go on *rooted* NC?
2) Will it have the same functionality of a tab in the sence of Googling and MSGing (FB/Twitter) over wifi?

T/A

Look for me to be asking for help on rooting tomorrow hopefully.

Make sure its a nook color not just a nook. Nook color at 150 is a great price

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

little812

Aug 10, 2011
@AnimaTechnica: Does it take a standard micro USB charger? Just in case the seller shows up with the NC dead.

@NateTheGreat: If I have any questions, ebay is always an option. Right now it is just going to be a toy to keep me busy for the next 4 weeks while away from home.

Thanks for the responses. Looking forward to rooting it and showing it off.

little812

Aug 10, 2011
There is so much information on How to root. I am sure it will depend on what the NC is running with, but what is the most straight forward step by step direction that many have found to be noob proof?

little812

Aug 10, 2011
**update** seller backed out and said her husband didnt want her to sell it.

Back on the hunt

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
@AnimaTechnica: Does it take a standard micro USB charger? Just in case the seller shows up with the NC dead.

@NateTheGreat: If I have any questions, ebay is always an option. Right now it is just going to be a toy to keep me busy for the next 4 weeks while away from home.

Thanks for the responses. Looking forward to rooting it and showing it off.

I know the deal is off but for future reference the nook can be charged with sfandard MICRO usb cable but it is much slower than using the BN cable which has a little longer tip for I resume higher current

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
Be careful when buying used Nook Colors. I just read a post on another board from someone who bought a used NC from Ebay. Barnes & Noble refused to let him register it because it was already registered to someone else and the seller refused to respond to their emails asking for help. He suspects the device is stolen.

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
good point - but if you decide to use a custom rom like CM7, it bypasses the Nook registration and you can always download and use the Nook app later

Be careful when buying used Nook Colors. I just read a post on another board from someone who bought a used NC from Ebay. Barnes & Noble refused to let him register it because it was already registered to someone else and the seller refused to respond to their emails asking for help. He suspects the device is stolen.

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
PM me. I know of one for sale. I think the same price. Let me know.

Sent from my LG OP V using Tapatalk