Useful Files, From Drivers To Modded ROMs

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
Feel free to let me know if:
  • I've posted the wrong file
  • a file needs to be updated
  • there is something I should add to the list

Please use a different thread if you are having problems using these files. There are threads for installing drivers, rooting, installing Clockworkmod (cwm) already. I can't possibly address every problem someone has installing these files. Let's keep replies to issues with the files only. The files are listed with their links and the md5sum after the link.

Last edited:

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
It looks like the files are ok, although I would not call them drivers. It are simply configuration-files. Important is the udev-rule. I think the adb_usb.ini is not important for linux. At least I didn't notice a difference after I have installed it.

Thanks again for pointing me to your way in http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/lenovo-ideatab-a2109/51074-howto-a2109-fastboot.html My problem was a broken fastboot.

I'm not sure about Linux, but it contains drivers for Windows.

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Tapatalk 2

WasteLandSavage

Dec 3, 2012
OK FloRider:

I need your help you said it would happen.
I've got an idea that problems I've been having with my A2109 is software.

It shipped stock with JB 4.1.1
But I am looking to downgrade it to a Stock ICS ROM.

Which one/ones of the above Files do I need to replace the factory JB ROM back to the ICS ROM?
I do not want to leave any trace of JB on the drive/tablet at all.

And could you give me exact instructions on how to do it?

If it would be eaiser for you you can just PM me.
Or leave the Idiot Instructions here for me.

Thanks FloRider your one of the good ones: Ricky ;)

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Yes it could be software, I didn't have the problems on my ics, will check jb when I get home.

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
OK FloRider:

I need your help you said it would happen.
I've got an idea that problems I've been having with my A2109 is software.

It shipped stock with JB 4.1.1
But I am looking to downgrade it to a Stock ICS ROM.

Which one/ones of the above Files do I need to replace the factory JB ROM back to the ICS ROM?
I do not want to leave any trace of JB on the drive/tablet at all.

And could you give me exact instructions on how to do it?

If it would be eaiser for you you can just PM me.
Or leave the Idiot Instructions here for me.

Thanks FloRider your one of the good ones: Ricky ;)

Ok, I'm going to screw this up, so I'll post my instructions in public so people can correct me.
  1. Download the stock 4.0.4 ROM, the ICS bootloader, and CWM for 4.0.4 (please tell me you already have ClockworkMod installed).
  2. Copy the ROM and bootloader to your tablet.
  3. Boot into recovery.
  4. Install the 4.0.4 ROM zip.
  5. Install the ICS bootloader zip.
  6. Perform a factory reset.
  7. Boot into fastboot mode.
  8. Flash the 4.0.4 CWM - fastboot flash recovery <recovery image filename>.
  9. Boot up your tablet and perform the initial setup.

Alright, now you tell me that you don't have CWM installed and I go ape***t. LOL

WasteLandSavage

Dec 3, 2012
Ok, I'm going to screw this up, so I'll post my instructions in public so people can correct me.
  1. Download the stock 4.0.4 ROM, the ICS bootloader, and CWM for 4.0.4 (please tell me you already have ClockworkMod installed).
  2. Copy the ROM and bootloader to your tablet.
  3. Boot into recovery.
  4. Install the 4.0.4 ROM zip.
  5. Install the ICS bootloader zip.
  6. Perform a factory reset.
  7. Boot into fastboot mode.
  8. Flash the 4.0.4 CWM - fastboot flash recovery <recovery image filename>.
  9. Boot up your tablet and perform the initial setup.

Alright, now you tell me that you don't have CWM installed and I go ape***t. LOL

Hey FloRider:

GOOD NEWS no need to go Ape()*& on us.
A buddy of mine who's a windows tech, Had a friend who's a Android Junky like us that he works with.
He was telling her about my problem and what I was wanting to do.
So they came over after work and flashed mine back to ICS for me.

She had said that not all but some tablets that were I'll use the word supposed to be stock ICS and instead were pushed out with JB were having battery readout problems and it's not just a Lenovo issue.
She did some tweaking while she was in there took off all the garbage and messed with a couple of settings to increase the battery life as well as torqued it up to 1.5ghz for me.

I loved it before and I sure love it now.
Thanks for your links above I just brought her to this thread and she took off with it.

Have a good one: Ricky :p

Last edited:

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
Hey FloRider:

GOOD NEWS no need to go Ape()*& on us.
A buddy of mine who's a windows tech, Had a friend who's a Android Junky like us that he works with.
He was telling her about my problem and what I was wanting to do.
So they came over after work and flashed mine back to ICS for me.

She had said that not all but some tablets that were I'll use the word supposed to be stock ICS and instead were pushed out with JB were having battery readout problems and it's not just a Lenovo issue.
She did some tweaking while she was in there took off all the garbage and messed with a couple of settings to increase the battery life as well as torqued it up to 1.5ghz for me.

I loved it before and I sure love it now.
Thanks for your links above I just brought her to this thread and she took off with it.

Have a good one: Ricky :p

Awesome! I'd love to oc mine, but for some reason I'm just stuck on using JB...

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
OK, it's probably time to update the useful files list :). Please post your submissions and I'll add them.
Thanks.

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Tapatalk HD

lascott77

Jan 4, 2013
Hey is there a way to uninstall preinstalled apps because my tablet seems to run a bit slow, plus there are some apps on it I do not even use.

tinchoska

Feb 14, 2013
Hi, I have one little problem, after flashing cm I forgot to flash gapps so I made a fresh Rom installation, BUT never boot up. It got stuck on Lenovo logo, so I dicede to reflash, format system data and cache, FORMAT NOT WIPE, but it never boot up, I try to restore my backup but it got an error, then after trying to flash paranoidandroid and getting stuck on paranoid logo I go back to cwm and it started telling me that it can't mount sdcard and ext-sdcard so I can't flash anything... as it has to be flash from internal storage... any suggestion?