Using 3G USB with VPAD10

shakshak1

Jan 17, 2011
Is it possible to connect vpad10 to the internet using 3G internet USB modem connected to the USB interface?
Thanks,

wtang

Dec 13, 2010
Is it possible to connect vpad10 to the internet using 3G internet USB modem connected to the USB interface?
Thanks,

Someone was working on drivers to get a 3G usb modem working but I don't think the project was completed. Your best option to get 3G on your G Tablet is to tether it to your smartphone and use your smartphone's 3G. You can even tether wirelessly so you don't need a usb cable. See this thread:
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...iwsonic-gtab-purchase-question.html#post54531

shakshak1

Jan 17, 2011
GOOD NEWS - MANY THANKS TO OUR CHAMP "Russian Beast "
After 3 weeks of work with 3 different roms using different techniques, I MADE IT to connect with my HUAWEI E156G and this simple intelligent steps from our hero

Follow my experience:
Upgrade your ROM to VEGAn-TAB GingerEdition --> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...031250&page=17
Note: the upgrade from non-Geng roms (like TNT Lite & VEGAn 5.11) requires NVFLASH --> [STICKY][ROM] nvflash FULL restore, using bekit's original image (Instructions) - xda-developers

Follow the clean mentioned steps:
1. Switch 3G modem to modem mode by (echo -e "AT^U2DIAG=0\r" > /dev/ttyUSB0) command.
2. Place all files from the attached 3G USB.rar to:
/system/bin/Chat
sdcard/gscript/ppp-start.sh
sdcard/gscript/ppp-stop.sh
/system/etc/ppp/peers/megafon --> rename megafon with your relevant internet provider 's name
3. Review /system/etc/apns-сonf.hml , if your internet provider name is not listed, add a new section for it with the following format
<apn carrier="aa" mcc="bb" mnc="cc" apn="dd" user="" server="" password="" mmsc="null" type="default" />
where aa, bb, cc, dd are relevant to your service provider.
4. Install GScript from the market and add ppp-start.sh & ppp-stop.sh to it
5. Restart gtab.
6. Insert USB modem, connect using ppp-start & disconnect using ppp-stop.
during ppp-start connection you will receive some stderr messages, don't panic and keep an eye on the USB modem's led, at the last script lines you will see that it assigns an IP address and the modem led will turn into blue (or according to the modem type).
You are ONLINE now, have fun.

There is other posts for the same issue but this is the simplest and straight forward one.
Regards.