Using a Micro SD Card with Sero 7 Pro

dc9mm

Dec 30, 2013
Just bought my Sero 7 Pro at Walmart. 8 gig internal storage Added a 32 gig micro sd card. (Lexar Class 10).

QUESTION: If I install apps like a game will it go to internal storage or will it go onto the SD card? If not on the SD card by default can you make it go to the SD card? Hoping I can make it install apps to SD card for at least some of the larger games. I downloaded one and it took like 1.2 gig of space, didn't like game so uninstalled it(this was before I had the 32gb card installed). But if I find a game I like I wouldn't want to tie up or even fill ALL the internal storage.

Oh I paid $149.99 for mine. I keep seeing people paid $129, did the price go up? Just curious.

Glad I found this forum as it will be very helpful. Oh this is my first tablet. I don't even own a smart phone. But pretty good with PC's.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Only the newest versions of Android will (partially) allow apps to be moved to SD and it would be indicated on the app in the applications manager. Some games are quite large but a few will allow you to tell the app to store the data for the game on the SD card. Virtually nothing can be installed directly to the SD card.

Last edited:

Natey2

May 25, 2012
Some games are quite large ...

No kidding..
eqe2emy9.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4

dc9mm

Dec 30, 2013
No kidding..
eqe2emy9.jpg

Ok so if the app was written to use the SD card then it does but I cant make it do so. I looked at Angry birds which doesn't seem to use the SD card. Oh well hopefuly the larger games will use the SD card. Here is screen shot of angry birds usage.
$1.jpg

Natey2

May 25, 2012
I looked at Angry birds which doesn't seem to use the SD card.

Must be the version of Android on your device. I'm using Android 4.3 on a Samsung Galaxy S4, and I can move Angry Birds to the SD card:

uzu9etyj.jpg