Using coby 7015 to remote desktop access

Danger

Mar 15, 2011
I was trying some different programs and ways to be able to remote into another pc using my tablet. Has anybody came across anything that works and is free?

eulogy69

Mar 15, 2011
iv used pocket cloud it works for me check it out in the market

Sent from my 7015A HONEYCOMB V10.0-B14L ACADEV using Android Tablet Forum

Sketch_Says

Feb 6, 2011
iv used pocket cloud it works for me check it out in the market

Sent from my 7015A HONEYCOMB V10.0-B14L ACADEV using Android Tablet Forum

After reading Eulogy's response, I searched for PocketCloud and this is confirmed. Search the market, there is a free version. You will need to download a VNC client on the computer you intend to remote into and PocketCloud tells you to use Google credentials (a Gmail account). You will need to go to wyse.com/PocketCloud from your home computer FIRST to set it up properly but once you download the VNC client, set your password and Gmail, you can run the PocketCloud app and go through that set up and you are good to go. Thanks, Eulogy... I have absolutely no need for this but it is FREAKING COOL that I can do it :)

Sketch J. OBrien
Jacksonville, FL

skuly

Apr 13, 2011
i use "android-vnc-viewer" from google market to connect to my pc that has winVNC

skuly

Apr 13, 2011
i have winvnc running on all the pc's i remote access on my network and my pc is accessible outside my network because i have the port to connect open in my router

winvnc is free and i just love it, it's simple and does everything i need,

i remote access my roomates pc and my neighbor who i let use my wifi with winvnc because they don't know how to do maintenance on a computer and my neighbor barely know how to use one.

i tried all the android apps i could find i just prefer to be able to connect to the winvnc that is already running on the pc's on my network.

i guess if you plan on remote connecting outside of your network and don't have access or know how to open ports, then something like team viewer that is supposed to bypass the firewall/router is a better choice.

ps: im almost certain i tried team viewer awhile ago and just didn't like it for some reason i don't remember what i didn't like about it though. i think i liked the wyse pocketcloud better than team viewer

Last edited: