Using Google Docs and Documents To Go

Mrpickles

Dec 3, 2011
Is there any way to remove Documents To Go, or get my CSV files to open in Google Docs rather that DTG? All of my "normal" features to download as a Google spreadsheet, are gone on the Tab.

Thanks in advance for the help!

bclinger

Aug 11, 2011
A quick note, Google Dogs is not 100% compatible with Excel. I ran into a few problems and no longer use it.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
You also have to check that the uploaded docs are not being converted to Google docs format which is the default.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Tablet Forum

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Is there any way to remove Documents To Go, or get my CSV files to open in Google Docs rather that DTG? All of my "normal" features to download as a Google spreadsheet, are gone on the Tab.

Thanks in advance for the help!

You can't Delete DTG, because it comes with the tablet.
(If you root you can delete it, but then you won't get OTA updates when new Acer android versions are released).

If you go to Settings / Applications, and find DTG, you can tap Clear Data, which will make it forget about
automatically handling spreadsheets, and then you will be given the choice when opening your next spread sheet
of using Google Docs.

--- Note that Google docs does not handle EVERYTHING you might find in a spread sheet, but for simple
ones it works great.

Mrpickles

Dec 3, 2011
If you go to Settings / Applications, and find DTG, you can tap Clear Data, which will make it forget about
automatically handling spreadsheets, and then you will be given the choice when opening your next spread sheet
of using Google Docs.

This is what I tried to do and what I thought would work as well. I cleared the data, but when I went back the the spreadsheet I got no options. It just opened DTG and tried to take me through the basic setup of it again. No preference choices to how I want the system to handle that type of document.

--- Note that Google docs does not handle EVERYTHING you might find in a spread sheet, but for simple
ones it works great.

This is a VERY simple sheet, and one I use weekly. DTG wants me to pay to activate any options other than just viewing the sheet. If anyone has any other suggestions to Google Doc, I would love options as well. Right now I just want to do some simple cut and paste stuff

jgumphress

Sep 6, 2011
If you use Microsoft Word quite a bit then DTG is well worth the cost. Often times you can get it at a discount on their website or at the Amazon app store. I have been using DTG for years not and love it, way back in the old Palm Pilot days. It is a very powerful app. After all a lot of people on a pay roll had to create this app and should be paid for their efforts. I know we get spoiled due to so many free apps out there. I get that way at times too. I remember the first time I shelled out ten buck for the app when it was on sale. But after I started using it I realized that if I was going to use Word then I couldn't do without this app.