Using Malata Dock-Cannot Download Apps from Market

coffeeme

Apr 18, 2011
I have the Malata dock to connect my G-Tablet to my LAN at work and am having no problem with it recognizing the LAN. But it will not download any apps from the Market. It just stays on the download bar on Ongoing Tasks until I click it and select cancel. All the apps I currently have downloaded work and I can access the Internet over LAN, but Market download just will not seem to work. I am running Tn-Lite 4.4.0. Can anyone help, is there a setting I am missing or something. Thanks,

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
I thought I heard it has to be off first to get the Ethernet port to be recegonized. Put it on the dock, then power it on. Try that and see what happens.

coffeeme

Apr 18, 2011
Yes, I discovered that right away. I am not having a problem with it recongnizing Ethernet. As I said in the original post, it is recognizing Ethernet and I am able to access Internet, my email, etc when I have it in the dock but when I try and download an App from the Market it just stays with the download bar running in Ongoing Tasks forever until I select and cancel out of the download. I have had it attepting to download the same App this morning for 2 1/2 hours so far.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Do other apps work to download? Or just that one?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Tablet Forum

coffeeme

Apr 18, 2011
I am able to do anything that streams (YouTube, NY Times, CNN, etc) but when it comes to actually downloading anything I am unable to do so when hooked up over Ethernet and the Malata Dock. I have no such problems when using WiFi. Is there something that limits the ability to download to WiFi only or some setting I need to change.

coffeeme

Apr 18, 2011
Here is an update, still looking for help on this issue. I did the latest Market fix last night while at home and hooked in to my home WiFi. Worked fine and have access to the full Market and am able to Download apps, etc at home while on WiFi. Still not able to Download when hooked up to my work LAN through Ethernet on the Malata Dock. Any ideas??

nigebj

Apr 22, 2011
Here is an update, still looking for help on this issue. I did the latest Market fix last night while at home and hooked in to my home WiFi. Worked fine and have access to the full Market and am able to Download apps, etc at home while on WiFi. Still not able to Download when hooked up to my work LAN through Ethernet on the Malata Dock. Any ideas??

You are seeing it claim Download Starting, then it just sits - right ?

The LAN is at work I assume, if so you will need port 5228 access - this is used by market - likely to be open on your home net, but blocked on a corporate WAN. If it is this GTalk will report it cannot find the servers when you start it. Open the port and both Gtalk and Market will be happy.

rgc6789

Apr 8, 2011
You are seeing it claim Download Starting, then it just sits - right ?

The LAN is at work I assume, if so you will need port 5228 access - this is used by market - likely to be open on your home net, but blocked on a corporate WAN. If it is this GTalk will report it cannot find the servers when you start it. Open the port and both Gtalk and Market will be happy.

I think you've nailed it. Definately sounds like a firewall issue. Let us know how it goes.

pgonza02

Jun 15, 2011
I have the same problem both at home and at work.
I don't think it's related to the port because at home, I just switch on the WiFi and the download continues fine.
I do see the problem with Google Talk as well as mentioned before.

Thanks.

tarakmehta

Feb 5, 2011
I have stock rom 1.2 4349. I am not able to get the ethernet on dock to work. What changes one needs to do in settings to make it work ? Are you able to open both browser and apps using the ethernet on dock ?