using pdf apps on nook color - help please

pauls

Jan 7, 2011
i installed adobe reader app on my rooted NC. When i open the app i see the message No PDF files available. i have pdfs in the library / my files which i have loaded with Calibre but tapping on any of these just opens them using the built-in pdf reader. I have read several postings stating that Adobe reader and other pdf reader apps work on NC but no one mentions if they had to adjust a setting, load pdfs to a special location or use a file manager app to associate the pdfs with the reader. Can someone tell me what the trick is?

ucpro

Dec 28, 2010
try to put your pdf on the root of the sd card and it should work, that's what i did. for some reason the reader doesn't look in the onboard memory

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Adobe reader only reads the sd card, not internal storage. Place your pdf files on your sd card on root or any folder on sd card, it will find them.

277cfe0b.png

pauls

Jan 7, 2011
thanks for the help guys. Frustration over, your suggestions worked! I checked on the Adobe web site and in the market and didn't find where i had missed the documentation for this requirement though.

ucpro

Dec 28, 2010
probably because it isn't officially supported for the nc. if it worked out the box then that'd be a little different

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
i installed adobe reader app on my rooted NC. When i open the app i see the message No PDF files available. i have pdfs in the library / my files which i have loaded with Calibre but tapping on any of these just opens them using the built-in pdf reader. I have read several postings stating that Adobe reader and other pdf reader apps work on NC but no one mentions if they had to adjust a setting, load pdfs to a special location or use a file manager app to associate the pdfs with the reader. Can someone tell me what the trick is?
pauls there are two "back-door" solutions, but neither is ideal. One is to navigate to where ever your PDF is (internal or sdcard) with a file manager. If you open the file from there, you should get the option of choosing your PDF reader (unless one has been made default; you can clear the defaults in the app manager if you like). The other solution involves making a widget-type shortcut on the desktop with Desktop Visualizer that points to your PDF and calls the file manager Astro when it's tapped. That will do the same thing (allow you to choose your reader).

-Matt

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
probably because it isn't officially supported for the nc. if it worked out the box then that'd be a little different

Adobe reader works the same on all android devices. It only reads files on sd cards. The apps works the same on my htc hero, htc evo and nc.

ucpro

Dec 28, 2010
Adobe reader works the same on all android devices. It only reads files on sd cards. The apps works the same on my htc hero, htc evo and nc.

ahh got ya...i figured some apps wouldn't work exactly the same on the nc as other officially supported devices, i know i still have problems loading google books, but i'm sure it works on other tablets.

Dizmatic

Dec 17, 2010
You can also use the built in reader app on the nook. Don't open your pdf from Library because it forces you to use quickpdf. If you open the pdf from an app like astro or root explorer, it will prompt you to select a app to use. There's an app called Reader, you select that and it will read the PDF like it does books. Credit to Main Target at XDA.

ljepava

Jan 8, 2011
RepliGo Reader 3.0 for Android smartphones
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKCPaWgPkt4

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Credit to all :)
NONONONONONONO, please don't take what I said seriously...I was being...mildly sarcastic. It seems the last few days I am the only one who can see my posts. I feel invisible. :(

Of course this is a community. The last thing I want to do is take credit for a solution...it's just a matter of sharing!

-Matt