Using the Honeycomb 3.1 Tablet with a Remotes and keyboards and games controllers

TabletsRUS

May 29, 2011
Has anyone tried using a Honeycomb 3.1 tablet hooked to their TV and using a remote or mouse or keyboard?

I would love to know what type of Android Apps people would like to see on their big screen TV.

I am looking at creating a dedicated remote control for Android Tablets. This would be a combination DirectPointing 3D mouse with the ability to enter keyboard short-cuts.

Here is an early prototype where I hooked up a Motorola Xoom to a TV and can control almost all aspects using a direct-pointing 3D mouse. I can play Angry Birds and I can zoom a webpage smoothly simply by pulling the remote towards me.

It is a work in progress, but I would love to hear what people think. Am I the only one who thinks this type of Android Remote would be awesome?

Last edited by a moderator:

DarylH

Jun 14, 2011
I've been looking for a mouse to compliment a wireless keyboard for my Xoom, meaning when plugged into the TV it would be virtually a computer, and allow me to use my Xoom for university assignments.

Could you let me know how it turns out when its finished?

Cheers

Sent from my MZ604 using Android Tablet Forum