using the SD card as memory

clairelaw1989

Mar 29, 2012
Hi! Im a complete novice at everything like this and am quite proud of myself for getting to this forum so really hope someone can help me!! I was wondering how I go about formatting the SD card (ive been told I need to do this) so that it is used as part of its memory like on a smartphone and not as it is at the moment; external storage. I hope someone can help as ive used up all my memory!! Thank you, Claire :) x

mhron

Feb 25, 2012
Hi Claire,

if you format your SD card then there will be no change in the way how system treats the card. Either you have pre-installed Android version 3.x (then the usage of the SD card is very limited and it really acts like simple external storage) or your tablet is updated to Android 4.x (then the card is directly accessed by the system like in most phones).

The update to Android 4 for Tablet S has been released for USA and Asia so far, the rest of the world is still waiting for it. If you do not have the update yet, just wait for a notification on your tablet. It is an automatic process. You can find your Android version in Settings -> About tablet.

There is really no need to format your SD card unless it does not work at all.

Hope this helps.