Using USB Memory Sticks

lesley505

Feb 14, 2013
I've just bought a A1CS X220 tablet and am having with getting USB Memory Sticks to play. When I plug the stick in it comes up with a message that recognises the devise but it doesn't appear on the screen so I don't know how to open it or remove it. When I took the stick out I had another message which said USB unexpectily removed. This is driving me made as I can't transfer files from my pc to my new tablet.I have also tried connecting my tablet to my pc using a USB cable but that is not even recognised. Please can someone help me with this problem. Lesley505

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi lesley, congratulations on your new tablet and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

Greasy

Jan 11, 2013
How are you trying to write and read the files? I've found that (I'm a new to tablets user) when trying to read a USB or SD card direct, I sometimes have trouble. The best way I found to transfer files is to connect directly to the laptop or computer and copy them across as a single copy. Copying from computer to usb stick first then copying to tablet is a very hit or miss affair ... especially so when trying to read files on the usb stick from within an app.