V-8 is it worth the issues?

jerseyjoe

Jul 7, 2013
Vizio 8 has all I want GPS IR remote HDMI connector all sorts of input output, I have a bunch of cameras so that isn't too important. At $119 is it worth it? Has anyone had one for 2 years with no issues?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
A lot of people are of the opinion that Vizio doesn't care about their tablets any more and the support has been failing so I would not be comfortable getting one myself.

IndyOne

Mar 12, 2012
Vizio 8 has all I want GPS IR remote HDMI connector all sorts of input output, I have a bunch of cameras so that isn't too important. At $119 is it worth it? Has anyone had one for 2 years with no issues?
I have had one for a year-and-a-half and it still works fine, though I am not at all pleased that Vizio left it at Honeycomb 3.2 and did not update it to later versions of Android. Without updating, you cannot run a bunch of newer apps, especially ones from Google (Calendar, Keep, Chrome). If it was my $119 I might look at other tablets.

gleas293

Oct 20, 2011

I've had mine for close to 2 years, and as a casual user am still happy with it. It lacks a lot of the high-end things of nice tablets - but I knew what I was getting with a bargain tablet. The HDMI plug was one of the huge selling points for me, and definitely makes it somewhat attractive.

piaablue

Apr 14, 2012
I still use mine as well for almost 2 years on a daily basis. I love it and it works fantastic!! Use it for surfing,games and even as a remote to my entertainment system. Quite pleased with the value.

Last edited: